About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Manhattan-Hermosa Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Manhattan Beach and Hermosa Beach. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Manhattan-Hermosa aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A prospective member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
Some of the philanthropies we work with are:
- 1736 Family Crisis Center
- Any Soldier
- Children’s Dental Health Clinic
- City of Manhattan Beach
- Food Forward
- Heal the Bay
- Hermosa Five-O Senior Activity Center
- Jimmy Miller Memorial Foundation
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank
- Mychal’s Learning Place
- One Voice LA
- Pediatric Therapy Network
- Richstone Family Center
- Saint Sebastian Sports Project
- Shared Bread
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Lisa Acquistapace
- President Elect: Monique Vranesh
- Secretary: Andrea Barker
- Treasurer: Amy Lange
- Parliamentarian: Michelle Traylor
- Vice President Communications: Cristina Kabealo
- Vice President Membership: Debbie Tran
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Jamie Wood
- Vice President Philanthropy: Katie Driscoll
- Vice President Provisionals: Catherine Brodkin
- Vice President Ticktockers: Pamela Smith
- Sustainer Liaison: Melinda Arentsen
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.