About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Blue Heron Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Lake Oswego, West Linn, Wilsonville, Sherwood, Tigard, Tualatin, Beaverton, SW Portland and the surrounding area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Blue Heron aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The NCL, Inc. Blue Heron Story
In 2005, friendship was the key to forming the Blue Heron Chapter of National Charity League, Inc., and it is still the cornerstone of the organization.
What started as a group of women on the sidelines of their daughters’ softball game talking about volunteering for charities, making connections with their community, and developing leadership skills in their girls, has now blossomed into a group of over 200 members serving 19 philanthropies throughout the Portland, Oregon area.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Abby’s Closet
- Alzheimer’s Association of Greater Oregon
- American Heart Association Portland, Oregon
- Arts Council of Lake Oswego
- Candlelighters for Children with Cancer
- Cat Adoption Team
- City of West Linn
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Oregon
- Komen Race for the Cure Portland
- Lake Oswego Library
- Meals on Wheels Portland
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society Oregon
- Special Olympics of Oregon
- Tualatin School House Pantry
- William Temple House
- President: Kathleen “Kate” Mayfield
- President Elect: Robin Walsh
- Secretary: Sally LeBlanc
- Treasurer: Lori Piscitello
- Parliamentarian: Kristy Kamali
- Vice President Communications: Linda Brecke
- Vice President Membership: Susan McDonald
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Sally Davey
- Vice President Philanthropy: Stephanie Gettel
- Vice President Provisionals: Jessica Henry
- Vice President Ticktockers: Melissa Juenger
As future Leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives. We celebrate our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future. Activities of our Chapter include:
- Cultural Centers
- Listening to Speakers