About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Canaan Parish Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the New Canaan area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Canaan Parish aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Carriage Barn Arts Center of New Canaan
- Circle of Care
- Disaster Response
- Food Rescue of Norwalk
- Juvenile Diabetes Foundation of Fairfield
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society-CT Chapter
- Magical Music for Life of New Canaan
- Meals On Wheels of New Canaan
- Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF)
- New Canaan Beautification League
- New Canaan Cares
- New Canaan Chamber Music
- New Canaan Chamber of Commerce
- New Canaan Department of Health & Human Services (Family/Seniors)
- New Canaan Department of Human Services FOOD PANTRY
- New Canaan High School
- New Canaan Land Trust
- New Canaan Library
- New Canaan Museum
- New Canaan Nature Center
- New Canaan Saxe Middle School PTC
- New Covenant Center
- Open Door (Norwalk Emergency Shelter) of Norwalk
- Operation Gratitude
- Person to Person of Darien
- Planet New Canaan
- Save the Sound of New Haven
- Schoolhouse Apartments of New Canaan
- St. Mark’s Gospel Garden
- The Kindness Campaign
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Heather Carroll
- President Elect: Janet Lee
- Secretary: Lucy Dathan
- Treasurer: Nicky Dunlop
- Parliamentarian: Cecilia Hassan
- Vice President Communications: Laura Prior
- Vice President Membership: Elizabeth Savelli
- Vice President Philanthropy: Jennifer Walther
- Vice President Provisionals: Sara Sharma
- Vice President Ticktockers: Susan Welch
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Meredith Woerz
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.