About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Citrus Blossom Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in the counties of Lake, Orange, Osceola, Polk or Seminole. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Citrus Blossom aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Our 2024-25 Membership Drive officially begins on January 15, 2024 and ends March 1, 2024.
Interested in joining us? Simply complete our membership inquiry form above to receive our Prospective Member Packets detailing the commitments of Membership with our Chapter as well as the RSVP links to our Interest Meetings. Second, attend one of our Prospective Member Meetings in January or February to be sent a Membership application link.
2024-25 Prospective Membership Meeting Dates:
- Friday, February 9 at 6 p.m. In-person
- Thursday, February 22 at 6 p.m. In-person
- Sunday, February 25 at 4 p.m. Virtual Info Session
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Disaster Response
- Give Kids the World
- Harbor House
- Heart of Florida United Way
- Operation Gratitude
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Seniors First
- Special Olympics
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Casandra Matej
- President Elect: Kim Lyons
- Secretary: Sharon Smoley
- Treasurer: Gayle Smith
- Parliamentarian: Julia Hsieh
- Vice President Communications: Kim Lyons
- Vice President Membership: Michele Perkins
- Vice President Philanthropy: Graciela Jacoby
- Vice President New Members: Amanda Rearden
- Vice President Ticktockers: Shami Sharma
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Collette Johnson
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.