About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Coachella Valley Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Coachella Valley; Palm Springs to Indio. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Coachella Valley aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of the Desert
- BIGHORN Cares
- Children’s Discovery Museum of the Desert
- Coachella Valley Rescue Mission
- Desert Arc
- Disaster Response
- Eisenhower Medical Center
- Family YMCA of the Desert
- Giving Tuesday
- Kindness Campaign
- Living Desert Zoo & Gardens
- Martha’s Village & Kitchen
- Meals On Wheels
- National Day of Service – January 16, 2023
- Operation Gratitude
- Pegasus Therapeutic Riding
- Riverside County Libraries
- United Cerebral Palsy of the Inland Empire
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Darcy Clark
- President Elect: Danielle Pinkerton
- Secretary: Aileen Alvarez
- Treasurer: Jennifer Vorster
- Parliamentarian: Elizabeth Tucker
- Vice President Communications: Lisa Walker
- Vice President Membership: Jennifer Walton
- Vice President Philanthropy: Juanita Castillo-Gonzalez
- Vice President Provisionals: Whitney Rosam
- Vice President Ticktockers: Jules Loya
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion (formerly Vice President Patroness Activities): Jamie Afsar
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.