About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Gardenia Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in West Roswell, East Cobb, East Cherokee and surrounding areas. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Gardenia aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Our chapter has received the Blue Rose Chapter Award for the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 year. We have completed our annual requirements, participated in #GivingTuesday and the national philanthropy program, and held a Sustainer Event.”
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- ACT3 Productions
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Blessings in a Backpack – North Fulton and FAM (Fulton, Alpharetta, Milton)
- Chattahoochee Nature Center
- Children’s Development Academy
- Disaster Response
- FOCUS + Fragile Kids
- Foster Care Support Foundation, Inc.
- Keep Roswell Beautiful – Adopt A Road
- North Fulton Community Charities
- Operation Gratitude
- Operation Homefront
- Roswell Arts Festival
- Roswell Historical Society
- Roswell Nursing and Rehabilitation
- STAR House Foundation, Inc.
- Susan G. Komen Greater Atlanta
- The Drake House (and Closets)
- The Period Project
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Abby Doyle
- President Elect: Ann Hammenecker Powell
- Secretary: Lisa Mirando
- Treasurer: Mathi Sivanandan
- Parliamentarian: Kelly Ehrhardt
- Vice President Communications: Robin Miller
- Vice President Membership: Karla Giltner
- Vice President Philanthropy: Jennie Bushey
- Vice President Provisionals: Darcy Shearer
- Vice President Ticktockers: Cynthia Pearl
- Sustainer Liaison: Sara McNabb
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Stephanie Newton
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.