About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Lake Houston Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the Lake Houston area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Lake Houston aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Disaster Response
- Family Promise
- Harris County Public Library (Atas/ Humble)
- Humble Area Assistance Ministries (HAAM)
- Humble ISD
- Jesse Jones Park
- Lake Houston YMCA
- MD Anderson
- Memorial Hermann Northeast
- Mercer Botanic Gardens
- National Day of Service – January 16, 2023
- Operation Gratitude
- Susan G Komen
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Tina Whitehead
- President Elect: Candice Coogan
- Secretary: Holly Barnes
- Treasurer: Shanna Lopez
- Parliamentarian: Milicent Triche
- Vice President Communications: India Loth
- Vice President Membership: Julie Oehl
- Vice President Philanthropy: Erica Johnston
- Vice President Provisionals: Gayle Patton
- Vice President Ticktockers: Catherine Olano
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion (formerly Vice President Patroness Activities): Emily Stander
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.