About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., North NJ Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in Essex County & Morris County NJ and the surrounding area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, North NJ aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Cora Hartshorn Arboretum & Bird Sanctuary
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Bridges Outreach
- Care One
- Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Newark
- City Relief, Star of Hope, and Hands of Hope
- Clean Green NJ
- Community At Livingston Township
- Cultural Integration and Arts Association
- Disaster Response
- Family Promise
- Kindness Campaign
- Letters Against Isolation
- Livingston Neighbors Helping Neighbors
- Mount Pleasant Animal Shelter
- Operation Gratitude
- Project Linus
- Reeves-Reed Arboretum
- Rise Against Hunger
- Safe Homes
- Saint John’s Soup Kitchen
- St Philomena Church
- The Community FoodBank of NJ
- Trinitas Foundation
- Watershed Ambassador
- West Essex YMCA
- World Vision
- Your New Best Friend Dog Rescue
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Jennifer Chen
- President Elect: Arpita Patel
- Secretary: Anita Mohanty
- Treasurer: Maria Dominguez
- Parliamentarian: Astha Agrawal
- Vice President Communications: Rita Hung
- Vice President Membership: Pooja Malhotra
- Vice President Philanthropy: Deepa Rajiv
- Vice President Ticktockers: Denise Dunton
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Kinjal Shah
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.