About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Poway Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in, or her daughter shall attend, a school within the Poway Unified School District boundaries. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Poway aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
If you are interested in joining our chapter, please fill out this form.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- After School Homework Club – PUSD
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Chickadee Country
- City of Poway
- Disaster Response
- Enlighten Learning Resource, Inc.
- Girls on the Run San Diego
- I Love a Clean San Diego
- Interfaith Community Services
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- My Girlfriend’s Closet
- National Day of Service – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service – January 15, 2024
- Operation Gratitude
- Operation Homefront
- Poway Library
- Poway Unified School District
- Rady Children’s Hospital
- Ronald McDonald House Charities
- San Diego Food Bank
- San Diego Humane Society (SD & Escondido Campuses)
- Special Olympics
- The Clearity Foundation
- The Kindness Campaign
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Michelle Gaylord
- President Elect: Nicole Saeger
- Secretary: Nicole Saeger
- Treasurer: Stacey Slover
- Parliamentarian: Marcelle Dawson
- Vice President Communications: Mandy Haas
- Vice President Membership: Nicole Veniegas
- Vice President Philanthropy: Bertha Quichocho Ross
- Vice President New Members: Holly Vieux
- Vice President Ticktockers: Carly Wheeler
Julie Prior Christensen
- Sustainer Liaison: Kim Crawford
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Kristina Rattray
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
Poway NCL Scholarship
We are excited to offer the 2023-24 Poway National Charity League Scholarship! Please APPLY HERE!
National Charity League (NCL) is a national organization of mothers and daughters dedicated to the encouragement and initiation of charitable endeavors.
The Poway NCL Scholarship awards PUSD high school senior girls who:
- Have a genuine desire to continue their post-secondary education and have a demonstrated financial need may apply.
- Graduate from one of the six Poway Unified School District High Schools or from New Directions
- Plan to pursue post-secondary education (2 or 4 year college, trade school) in the United States commencing Fall of 2024
- Exhibit strong moral character
- Are not National Charity League members, past or present, or their immediate family members.
The filing period to apply is now through January 26, 2024. The application requires two short personal statements, transcripts, a resume, and two contacts for letters of recommendation. Because letters of recommendation take time, we encourage applicants to submit a scholarship application as soon as possible. Awards vary between $1,000 to $3,000.