San Luis Rey
About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., San Luis Rey Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Bonsall, Fallbrook, San Luis Rey, or Vista area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, San Luis Rey aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
We foster mother-daughter relationships in a philanthropic organization committed to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alta Vista Botanical Gardens
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Angel Society
- Armed Services YMCA
- Boys & Girls Club of North County
- Disaster Response
- Don Dornan Games
- Fallbrook Beautification Alliance
- Fallbrook Chamber of Commerce
- Fallbrook Community Center
- Fallbrook Food Pantry
- Fallbrook Historical Society
- Fallbrook Land Conservancy
- Fallbrook Library
- Fallbrook Senior Center
- Fallbrook Skilled Nursing Facility
- Foundation for Senior Care
- Giving Tuesday
- Hope Clinic for Women Formerly (Fallbrook Pregnancy Resource Center)
- Live Oak Park Coalition/Flbrk. Live Oak Dog Park Committee
- MCAS Camp Pendleton
- Mini Leadership Project
- NCL – San Luis Rey Chapter Events
- NCL-Pumpkin Succulents
- New Haven Youth and Family Services
- Operation Gratitude
- Rally for Children
- Solutions For Change
- Soup Kitchen (St Peter the Apostle Catholic Community – On Site)
- Stand Up for Kids
- Susan G Komen
- The Kindness Campaign
- We Can Food Drive
Our chapter has received the Blue Rose Chapter Award for the 2020-2021 year. We have completed our annual requirements, participated in #GivingTuesday and the national philanthropy program,
and held a Sustainer Event.
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Trisha Sehnert
- President Elect: Liz Schmierer
- Secretary: Marilyn Harris
- Treasurer: Traci Michalke
- Parliamentarian: Adrienne Petersen
- Vice President Communications: Melissa Lee
- Vice President Membership: Cherie Brown
- Vice President Philanthropy: Jasmine Smith
- Vice President Provisionals: Donna Carson
- Vice President Ticktockers: Nicole Weber
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Constance Harvey
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
– Consensus building
– Team building
– Conflict resolution
– Event planning
– Parliamentary procedure
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
Check us out on Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/?hl=en
Check us out on Facebook – National Charity League, Inc., San Luis Rey