About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Southlake Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the city of Southlake, Texas, or attend Carroll ISD schools. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Southlake aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Since its inception in 1997, the Southlake Chapter of NCL, Inc. has continued its commitment to the core values of NCL, Inc. and its vision to develop strong women leaders serving and impacting communities today and for generations to come.
Since 1998, the Southlake Chapter of NCL, Inc. has organized and produced an Annual Fashion Show which serves as a fundraiser for selected Philanthropy Partners. The Southlake Chapter is proud to be one of a handful of NCL, Inc. Chapters in the nation which is designated as a fundraising chapter.
For fashion show sponsorship questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Christmas is for Children
- Christmas Providers
- City of Southlake: Library
- City of Southlake: Metroport Teen Court
- City of Southlake: Parks & Rec
- City of Southlake: Senior Center Luncheons
- City of Southlake: Senior Center Activites
- Community Table
- Disaster Response
- Fashion Show
- Feed Our Kids (GRACE)
- House of Shine
- Humane Society of North Texas – Keller
- Me Squared Cancer Foundation
- Metroport Meals on Wheels
- Miracle League of Southlake
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition – DFW Chapter
- Operation Gratitude
- PKD Foundation
- Roanoke Senior Center
- Special Olympics – Southlake
- Stepping Stones Foundation
- Summer Santa
- The Gifting Project
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Carrie Ruck
- President Elect: Kristi Dyer
- Secretary: Amy McCarrick
- Treasurer: Michelle Reeve
- Parliamentarian: Ashley Nadeau
- Vice President Communications: Juli Bedgood
- Vice President Membership: Lauri Horton
- Vice President Philanthropy: Kali Sommer
- Vice President Ticktockers: Heather Engelhardt
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Bianca Cords
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
The 2022 Fashion Show and Benefit raised almost $90,000 from sponsorships, ticket sales and auction proceeds to support local charities in need. For the 2023 show, we seek to raise $100,000, of which 100% will go directly to 10 local charities in need, including Battered Women’s Foundation, Mid-Cities Christmas Providers, Community Table, GRACE Feed Our Kids, Metroport Meals on Wheels, House of Shine, Christmas is for Children, Me Squared Foundation, National Ovarian Cancer Coalition, Special Olympics, Stepping Stones Foundation, The Gifting Project and Summer Santa.
Our sponsors are vital in helping NCL produce this special event. Through an NCL Fashion Show sponsorship, you will be able to promote your services across the Southlake community and help raise much needed funds for some of the most deserving charities in the area with one contribution.
On behalf of our 13 charity recipients and the almost 350 members of NCL Southlake, thank you in advance for your consideration and support.