About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., The Magnolias Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in South Montgomery County, Texas. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, The Magnolias aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- ALS Association
- Alzheimer’s Association (National Philanthropy)
- American Heart Association (National Philanthropy)
- Canopy Cancer Survivorship Center
- CASA Child Advocates
- Children’s Safe Harbor
- Class Act Productions
- Community Assistance Center
- Compassion United
- Easter Seals
- Habitat for Humanity
- Houston Methodist The Woodlands Hospital
- Inspiration Ranch
- Interfaith of The Woodlands
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Meals on Wheels
- Memorial Hermann The Woodlands
- Mercy House
- Montgomery County Food Bank
- Operation Gratitude (National Philanthropy)
- Pets with a Mission
- Pregnancy Assistance Center North
- Project Linus
- Salvation Army
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace
- South Montgomery County Public Library
- Special Olympics
- The Champion Project
- The Woodlands Arts Council
- The Woodlands Children’s Museum
- The Woodlands Township
- Wreaths Across America
- Yes to Youth
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Sara Krach
- President Elect: Nicole Robinson-Gauthier
- Secretary: Elise Orr
- Treasurer: Tracey Chapman
- Parliamentarian: Kristen McCabe
- Vice President Communications: Dana Maksimowicz
- Vice President Membership: Rola Hart
- Vice President Philanthropy: Jennifer Spartz
- Vice President Provisionals: Cynthia Retterer
- Vice President Ticktockers: Sarah Moore
- Sustainer Liaison: Deborah Barnette
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.