About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Bixby Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in the Union or Bixby School District. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Bixby aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Best Buddies
- Bixby Outreach Center
- Disaster Response
- Oklahoma Cancer Specialist and Research
- Operation Gratitude
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Tulsa, Inc.
- Salvation Army
- St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
- Susan G. Komen Tulsa
- The Pencil Box
- This Is Us
- Tulsa Fire Department
- Tulsa Police Department
- Tulsa SPCA
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Amy Nielsen
- President Elect: Jennifer Swain
- Secretary: Melissa Sommer
- Treasurer: Lisa McLarty
- Parliamentarian: Libby Boone
- Vice President Communications: Jenny Collier
- Vice President Membership: Sonya Widowski
- Vice President Philanthropy: Jessica Lee
- Vice President Ticktockers: Rachael Duffel
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Krista Wright
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.