Who We Are
National Charity League, Inc. (NCL, Inc.) is a non-profit national organization of mother and daughter members in Chapters across the United States. National Charity League was established in 1925, when a group of women founded the organization in Los Angeles. They supported the American Red Cross by making layettes and assembling food baskets for the hungry during the holidays. The women engaged their daughters and by 1938, the daughters formed their own group.
In 1947, all groups united to become the nation’s first mother-daughter charity. National Charity League expanded its program beyond philanthropic work to include educational and cultural activities. National Charity League was reorganized and incorporated in 1958 to become National Charity League, Inc.
The Mission of NCL, Inc. is to foster mother-daughter relationships in a philanthropic organization committed to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Through the mother-daughter relationship, National Charity League, Inc. will develop strong women leaders serving and impacting communities today and for generations to come.
- Honoring the mother-daughter bond by together learning, growing and modeling responsibility and graciousness
- Empowering women with the skills and confidence to lead
- Nurturing through mentorship
- Inspiring a legacy of social awareness and compassion
- Providing depth of support in local communities
- Integrity and excellence in everything we do
Our NCL, Inc. Board of Directors
- Donna Welsh – President
- Terri Hitchcock – Vice President
- Lynne Zuckerman – President Elect/Secretary
- Michele Prescott – Treasurer
- Cheryl LaMee – Region I Director
- Beverly Hottois – Region II Director
- Kelly Leppien – Region III Director
- Alene Miskovetz – Region IV Director
- Tory Howe – Region V Director
- Denise Lilley – At Large Director
- Jennifer Madden – At Large Director
- Therese Moore – At Large Director
- Kimberly Alessio – At Large Director
- Debbie May – At Large Director
- Renee Tuzee – Executive Director/CEO
- Iris Swinea – Director of Programs and Communications
- Erin Journigan – Director of Membership
- Emily Baba – Technology Specialist
- Angie Kim – Office Coordinator
- Rebecca Warbrick – Membership Coordinator
- Kathryn Markham – Communications Coordinator