The NCL Core Program
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in an enriching program that embraces pillars of philanthropy, leadership and culture. Many members continue by becoming Sustainers in Forever NCL, a national network of experienced NCL philanthropists. Our core program is ever evolving as we add new partners and programs each year.
Understanding and serving communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Examples of areas supported include:
- Disadvantaged children’s agencies
- Soup kitchens/food pantries
- Performing arts institutions and programs
- Convalescent hospitals and senior citizens centers
- Children’s hospitals
- Women’s health initiatives
- Military veterans organization
Building capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Preserving National Charity League traditions and core values while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
See our young members give thanks to their moms for their NCL experience.