About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Brazos Belles Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in the Lamar Consolidated ISD or Richmond or Rosenberg Area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Brazos Belles aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The Brazos Belles Chapter of National Charity League, Inc. was chartered in 2019 out of the desire of the mothers and daughters in our chapter boundaries who wanted to work together to give back to our community.
The Founding Board
President: Cris Mullins
VP Membership: Nancy Bradley
VP Ticktockers: Rylee Burton
VP Philanthropy: Amy Molina
VP Patroness Activities: Jody Bickett
VP Communication: Holly Chervnsik
Secretary: Vee Curfman
Treasurer: Susan Harrison
Parliamentarian: Jill Rives
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Thank you for your interest in our Chapter!
The Membership Drive for 2024-2025 Brazos Belles Chapter will open January 15, 2024.
- Timeline: Applications for membership are accepted during our Annual Membership Drive, which runs from January 15th until March 1st each year. You are welcome to return anytime during the Membership Drive to submit an application for membership to Brazos Belles Chapter on our website.
- Residence Requirements: Prospective Members must reside in our chapter boundaries.
- Applications: Prospective Members shall only apply to one NCL, Inc. Chapter.
If you know someone in NCL talk to her about chapter boundaries, other membership obligations, and membership drive timeline. If you do not know anyone currently in NCL please submit your information through the Membership Inquiry form and someone from Brazos Belles Chapter will reach out to you.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Camp Hope
- Disaster Response
- FBWC Thriftwise Resale
- Keep Fulshear Beautiful
- Lunches of Love
- Operation Gratitude
- The Brookwood Community
- The Kindess Campaign
The first pillar in the NCL Experience is Community Service where we promote social awareness that creates action to meet needs and inspires others to become servant leaders.
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Sara Blair
- Secretary: Julie Morton
- Treasurer: Allyson Huston
- Parliamentarian: Jamie Beller
- Vice President Communications: Donica Nowotny
- Vice President Membership: April Huey
- Vice President Philanthropy: Heather Steen
- Vice President Ticktockers: Suzy Moore
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Jennifer Rosa
The second pillar in the NCL Experience is Leadership Development where our goal is to maximize your potential to be a confident role model by embracing “who you are” which empowers your personal sense of purpose and allows you to be an advocate for others.
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
The third pillar of the NCL Experience is Cultural Experiences were we strive to create an environment that nutres positive identity by recognizing and appreciating the value of differences in eahc other and the world.
Follow us on Social Media
See what is happening in The Brazos Belles Chapter: