About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Canyon Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the Canyon area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Canyon aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Bell Tower (RSM)
- Boys and Girls Club of RSM
- CASA Orange County
- City of Mission Viejo – Norman P Murray
- Creative Kids Playhouse
- Family Assistance Ministries
- Friends of Rancho Santa Margarita Library
- Isaiah House (formerly Dorothy Day)
- Laura’s House
- Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center
- Mission Viejo Activities Committee
- National Philanthropy Initiative
- NCL, Inc. Virtual Events
- OC Harbors, Beaches & Parks
- Operation Help A Hero
- Operation Valentine (distric rep)
- Park Terrace (Kisco Senior Living)
- Petal Pushers
- Pretend City Children’s Museum
- San Francisco Solano Food Bank
- Special Olympics Southern California, Orange County
- Susan G. Komen Breast Center Foundation
- The Kindness Campaign
- The Teen Project
- Working Wardrobes
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Caren Edler
- President Elect: Deborah Miller
- Secretary: Devon Hogue
- Treasurer: Diane Miller
- Parliamentarian: Debbie Griffith
- Vice President Communications: Erica Legg
- Vice President Membership: Julie Carey
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Gillian Howcroft
- Vice President Philanthropy: MaryLynn St.Germaine
- Vice President Provisionals: Melony Thomas
- Vice President Ticktockers: Amy Ainsworth
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.
Blue Rose Chapter Award
Our chapter has received the Blue Rose Chapter Award for the 2019-2020 year. We have completed our annual requirements, participated in #GivingTuesday and the national philanthropy program, and held a Sustainer Event.