About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Canyon Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the Canyon area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Canyon aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Bell Tower (RSM)
- Boys and Girls Club of RSM
- CANYON CHAPTER EVENTS (for League Hours)
- CASA Orange County
- CHAPTER PHILANTHROPY
- City of Mission Viejo – Norman P Murray
- Creative Kids Playhouse
- Disaster Response
- Family Assistance Ministries
- Jessie Rees Foundation – NEGU
- Laura’s House
- Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center
- OC Harbors, Beaches & Parks
- OC Public Libraries – RSM Branch
- Operation Gratitude
- Operation Help A Hero
- Otra Mas
- Park Terrace (Kisco Senior Living)
- Petal Pushers
- Pretend City Children’s Museum
- San Francisco Solano Food Bank
- Shea Ceter
- Special Events
- Special Olympics Southern California, Orange County
- The Teen Project
- TRANSFERRED PHILANTHROPY HOURS
- Working Wardrobes
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Stephanie Rue
- President Elect: Kristi West
- Secretary: Kati McIlroy
- Treasurer: Laura Breaux
- Parliamentarian: Jenni Balck
- Vice President Communications: Kirsten Redfern
- Vice President Membership: Kate Hoppe
- Vice President Philanthropy: Jennifer Jones Bastian
- Vice President New Members: Lisa Smith
- Vice President Ticktockers: Stephanie Wagner
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
Blue Rose Chapter Award
Our chapter has received the Blue Rose Chapter Award for the 2020-2021 year. We have completed our annual requirements, participated in #GivingTuesday and the national philanthropy program, and held a Sustainer Event.