About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Capistrano Coast Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the Capistrano Coast area. This area includes, but is not limited to, the southern Orange County coastal community of Laguna Beach and follows the coastline south through the beach cities of Dana Point and San Clemente. The boundary shall extend inland to include the communities of San Juan Capistrano, Mission Viejo, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Niguel, Aliso Viejo, and Laguna Hills. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Capistrano Coast aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Age Well Senior Services – San Juan Capistrano Senior Center /Annie Hyde
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Angels for the Arts at McKinney Theatre / Jamie Walker
- Ark of San Juan
- Art and Creativity for Healing / Laura Vlasic
- Beyond Blindness/ Teresa Weidhaas
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Capistrano Valley / Joy Leffler
- Capistrano Care Center / Annie Hyde
- City of Mission Viejo Community Services/ Kapri Griffin Sherman
- Coast Keepers / Brandi Vanderbeek
- CREER / Lisa Murray
- Disaster Response
- Families Forward / Melissa Roellich
- Family Assistance Ministries (FAM) / Erica Balkhi
- Goin Native Therapeutic Gardens / Alison Ulrich
- J.F. Shea Therapeutic Riding Center / Patricia Collins
- Kinoshita Elementary School / Laura Vlasic
- Laura’s House / Brandi Vanderbeek
- Little Red Dog / Yolanda Guerrero
- Miracles for Kids / Jamie Walker
- Mission Hospital Medical Center / Bronwyn Stackleather
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Pacific South Coast Chapter / Jennie Lyle
- OC Public Library – Friends of the Library / Lisa Murray
- OC Ronald McDonald House/ Bronwyn Stackleather
- Ocean Institute / Jacci Pearce
- Operation Gratitude
- Operation Interdependence / Katrina Darst
- Philharmonic Society of Orange County / Elise Cheng
- Renewable Farms – Gold Coast Farm
- Susan G. Komen Orange County/ Monica Duncan
- Working Wardrobes/ Jacci Pearce
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Lauren Sipelis
- President Elect: Jennifer Savage
- Secretary: Christine Millikan
- Treasurer: Monica Duncan
- Parliamentarian: Nancy Roberts
- Vice President Communications: Michelle Berger
- Vice President Membership: Angela Di Piero
- Vice President Philanthropy: Leanna Bradshaw
- Vice President Ticktockers: Angela Di Piero
Angela Di Piero
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Nancy Roberts
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.