About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Carmel Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the attendance zone for Carmel ISD Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Carmel aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
People often ask, “What is NCL?”. It’s hard to describe because NCL has so many layers and provides many unique paths to walk. To me, it’s a six-year journey we walk through with our daughters during the most impressionable time in their lives. In NCL, both mothers and daughters are provided the time to make new friends, develop leadership skills, and give back to the community in meaningful ways. If we embrace all that NCL offers, our daughters will enter adulthood with the life skills needed to take on the world and serve the community with a gracious spirit. It’s a phenomenal organization, and I am beyond grateful to be a part of it! ~Jaime Medley, President NCL Carmel Chapter
We are the 262nd NCL, Inc. Chapter to form in the United States.
NCL Carmel Chapter held their Formation Meeting in Spring of 2019 and achieved “Chartered” status in May 2020.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Be Brooks Brave
- Carmel Clay Parks and Recreation
- Clothes With A Cause
- Disaster Response
- Hamilton County Harvest Food Bank
- Indiana Diaper Bank
- Indiana School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Indy Book Project
- Indy Hygiene Hub
- Like a Lion
- Operation Gratitude
- Operation Homefront
- The Stratford Senior Retirement Community
- Woodland Christmas Club
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Ansley Jentz
- President Elect: Tiffiny McTurnan
- Secretary: Melissa Puthran
- Treasurer: Geri Imler
- Parliamentarian: Susan Crook
- Vice President Communications: Faye Adams
Lee Ann Farmer
- Vice President Membership: Libby Edwards
- Vice President Philanthropy: Debra Wilson
- Vice President Provisionals: Melissa Chevalier
- Vice President Ticktockers: Allison Barmore
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Courtney O’Neil
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.