About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Crossroads Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Hamilton County and surrounding areas. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Crossroads aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The Crossroads Chapter was established on February 2nd, 2016 as the 211th Chapter formed under NCL, Inc. and the first in the state of Indiana. The chapter began with eight board members and 26 Patronesses. Christi Luedke was instrumental in bringing an NCL chapter to Indiana. Her family moved to Indiana from Texas where NCL is very popular and there are many chapters available. When her daughter Emma got to middle school, she was looking forward to joining NCL, but soon realized that Indiana did not have any chapters established, so she encouraged Christi to start one. In 2015, Christi recruited her friends Michelle Paterson and Amber Anania and the planning for NCL Crossroads began.
The chapter has grown and matured a lot over the years. During the first year, the main focus was on educating our patronesses and ticktockers so they were familiar with NCL and how the organization operates. Today the focus has shifted to community outreach and letting our friends, neighbors, and community know what we stand for and why we are here.
Original Board Members:
President – Christi Luedke
VP Membership – Michelle Paterson
VP Philanthropy – Shannon Weyer-Heitz
VP Ticktockers – Laura Wolf
VP Patroness Activities – Sarah Watkins
Secretary – Tabitha O’Neal
Treasurer – Cindy Bishop
Parliamentarian – Sarah Solomon
Gleaners Food Bank
Heart and Soul Clinic
Maple Park Village
Indy Honor Flight
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
The NCL Crossroads Chapter Membership Drive will start January 15, 2024 and will end March 1, 2024. Check out our PROSPECTIVE MEMBER PACKET for specific information about our chapter.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- A Kid Again
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention Indiana
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Best Buddies Indiana
- Camp To Belong of Indiana
- Disaster Response
- Girls On The Run Central Indiana
- Giving Tuesday
- Gleaners Food Bank
- Heart and Soul Clinic
- Indiana Blind Children’s Foundation
- Indiana Diaper Bank
- Indy Honor Flight
- IU Health Foundation
- Maple Park Village
- One-Time Philanthropy
- Open Doors
- Operation Care Package
- Operation Gratitude
- Operation Homefront
- Sanders Glen
- Secret Families of Hamilton County
- Special Olympics Indiana
- Student Impact
- The Kindness Campaign
- The O’Connor House
- Westfield – Hamilton County Youth Assistance Program
- Westfield Education Foundation
- Westfield Parks and Recreation
- Westfield Public Library
- Westfield Washington Township
- Westfield Washington Township MacGregor Park
- Westfield Welcome
- Westfield YMCA
- Westfield Youth Assistance Program
- Wheeler Mission Ministries–Women and Childrens Shelter
Crossroads Chapter – It’s a joy to serve!
Last year, as a chapter, we invested 4,350 PHILANTHROPY SERVICE HOURS into our community.
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Jodi Blevins
- President Elect: Michelle Paterson
- Secretary: Kristin Comer
- Treasurer: Lori Bolduc
- Parliamentarian: Ashley Harpe
- Vice President Communications: Michelle Wiggins
- Vice President Membership: Charla Smith (Wolfe)
- Vice President Philanthropy: Heather Costlow
- Vice President New Members: Rebecca Fanter
- Vice President Ticktockers: Jennifer Novello
- Sustainer Liaison: Susan Benner
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Ashley McDonald
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.