About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Cypress Creek Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Northwest Harris County. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Cypress Creek aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The Cypress Creek Chapter was chartered in 1985, as the 25th chapter in National Charity League, Inc. We are proud to be the first chapter in Houston and just the second in all of Texas. National Charity League now has over 240 Chapters in 28 states with 65,000 members. We are a fundraising chapter and host an annual event that raises funds to benefit our locally supported philanthropies.
The thirty-five Founding Patronesses and their daughters represent a “who’s who” of community leaders in our area, not only in 1985 but to this day. We are thankful for their legacy of service and for all who have come since then over our thirty years as a Chapter. Through partnerships with over 18 service organizations, our volunteers collectively contribute over 6,800 hours to the Northwest Harris County community. We also sponsor several unique events, most notably our Fall Food Drive to restock the food pantries at both Northwest Assistance Ministries and Tomball Emergency Assistance Ministries.
We welcome members of the Northwest Harris County area and have members from Cypress-Fairbanks, Klein, Tomball, and Spring school districts, as well as numerous private schools in the community.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Atria Senior Living
- Barbara Bush Library
- Bridging for Tomorrow
- Camp Hope
- Class of 2023 Senior Project
- Cypress Creek FACE
- Disaster Response
- Habitat for Humanity of Houston
- Home Place of Texas (HPOT)
- Lone Star College – Tomball Community Library
- Meals on Wheels (NAM) of Northwest Houston
- Northwest Assistance Ministries (NAM)
- Northwest Public Library
- Operation Gratitude
- Project Linus
- Self Improvement Through Riding Education (SIRE)
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace
- Special Olympics of Texas- Klein Champions Area
- Spring Woodlands Ministries (SWM)
- The Kindness Campaign
- The Woodlands Children’s Museum
- Tomball Emergency Assistance Ministries (TEAM)
- Wreaths Across America
- Abandoned Animal Rescue
- Atria – Cypresswood Senior Living
- Bridging for Tomorrow
- Camp Hope
- Children’s Museum of The Woodlands
- Cypress Creek Community Center
- Habitat for Humanity
- Home Place of Texas
- Libraries (Barbara Bush, Northwest, and Tomball)
- Meals on Wheels
- Project Linus
- Sleep In Heavenly Peace
- Special Olympics
- Spring Woodlands Ministries
- Wunderlich Farms
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Kim Hall
- President Elect: Jennifer Scheffer
- Secretary: Denise Walker
- Treasurer: Julie Wilkerson
- Parliamentarian: Jennifer Crews
- Vice President Communications: Lydia Johnson
- Vice President Membership: Jennifer Bucher
- Vice President Philanthropy: Christina Perea
- Vice President Provisionals: Miriam Petru
- Vice President Ticktockers: Robin McGlohn
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Mandy Schueder
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
The Cypress Creek Chapter promotes cultural values and traditions that shape the NCL, Inc. role and contributions in our communities.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions, such as our Chapter Tea, that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization and a community of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – As mothers and daughters, we build connections through experiences that shape and support our lives.