About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Cypress Gems Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in the attendance zone for Cypress Ranch High School, Cypress Woods High School, Bridgeland High School or Cy-Fair High School. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Cypress Gems aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Avanti Senior Living Center
- Boys and Girls Country (BGC)
- Camo Rescue
- Camp Hope
- Cy Fair Educational Foundation (CFEF)
- Cypress Lucky Mutts Rescue
- Disaster Response
- Habitat Northwest Harris County
- Houston Food Bank (HFB)
- Inspiration Ranch
- Memorial Hermann Cypress Hospital
- Mercer Botanic Gardens
- Methodist West
- Operation Gratitude
- Reach Unlimited
- Santa Maria Hostel
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace
- The Giving Gown Foundation
- TLC – Two Lives Changed
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Elizabeth Franklin
- President Elect: Heather Sessions
- Secretary: Kelly Brooks
- Treasurer: Melissa Henderson
- Parliamentarian: Michelle Sharp
- Vice President Communications: Dawn Jarvis
- Vice President Membership: Victoria Schmidt
- Vice President Philanthropy: Heather Henry
- Vice President Ticktockers: Shauna Garcia
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Lisa Pape
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.