About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Davis Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in Davis, CA, or surrounding area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Davis aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The Davis NCL Chapter was started in 2012, and today provides over 3,500 philanthropy hours annually across the 20+ nonprofit organizations we support.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
- Our annual membership drive lasts from October to mid-January. Applications are typically due January 15th. We encourage you to attend our Prospective Member Information Night to learn more about our chapter, member obligations, and application timeline.
Prospective Member Information Night
The information night has been scheduled! December 7 at 7 pm.
Location: Christ Church Sanctuary
1801 Oak Ave. Davis
January 15 is the deadline at 5pm for New Prospective Members.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have questions or would like to receive further information.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Disaster Response
- Friends of the Davis Public Library
- Homeward Bound
- National Day of Service – January 16, 2023
- Operation Gratitude
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Ashley Giovannettone
- President Elect: Shanaz Hazel
- Secretary: Anne Brocchini
- Treasurer: Alison Bolz
- Parliamentarian: Sandra Myler
- Vice President Communications: DALE TAORMINO
- Vice President Membership: Diana Hirning-Johnson
- Vice President Philanthropy: Cassie Farinsky
- Vice President Provisionals: Christina Brusca
- Vice President Ticktockers: Aine Coil
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion (formerly Vice President Patroness Activities): Ariana Henderson
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.