About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Del Sol Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in San Diego County. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Del Sol aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
The NCL, Inc. Del Sol Chapter Membership Drive for the School Year 2022-2023 drive will begin on October 1, 2021. We invite you to consider membership in our chapter. We are recruiting for the classes of 2027 & 2028, for girls entering 7th or 8th grades in the fall of 2022.
Some considerations for the membership process:
Timeline: Applications for membership are accepted during the Annual Membership Drive from October – January each year. We are currently accepting membership inquiries for the 2022-2023 Membership Drive.
Residence: A Prospective Member shall reside in San Diego County.
Sponsorship: A Prospective Member shall be sponsored by an Active Patroness and co-sponsored by an Active, Provisional or Sustainer Patroness Member in our Chapter. If you have any questions about the application or sponsorship process, please email email@example.com.
Open Houses: We typically hold multiple Prospective New Member Meetings during a Membership Drive. Letting us know you’re interested is the best first step. To receive an invitation to an upcoming event, please contact a current Patroness or complete the Membership Inquiry Form.
Applications: Will be submitted electronically and are due on January 15, 2022. There are no exceptions to this application deadline.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have a Sponsor or Co-Sponsor submitting a sponsorship request on your behalf, please make sure they use the SAME email you will be using during your application process.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Autism Tree Project Foundation
- Feeding San Diego
- Helen Woodward Animal Center
- Interfaith Community Services
- Ivey Ranch Park Association
- MCAS Camp Pendleton (NCL District 6 Baby Shower)
- Meals on Wheels -San Diego
- My Girlfriend’s Closet
- National Philanthropy Initiative-Love Your Heart
- Operation Gratitude (National Philanthropy Program)
- Rady Children’s Hospital Foundation
- Rancho Santa Fe Historical Society
- Rancho Santa Fe Library Guild
- Reading Legacies
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of San Diego, Inc.
- San Diego Humane Society
- Serving Seniors (at the Gary and Mary West Senior Wellness Center)
- SMARTS Farm at The Orchard
- Surfrider Foundation-San Diego County Chapter
- The Kindness Campaign (National Philanthropy Program)
- United Cerebral Palsy of San Diego County/Beach & Country Guild
- President: Hannah Sansone
- President Elect: Colleen Peterson
- Secretary: Claudette Baker
- Treasurer: Tara Sporrer
- Parliamentarian: Tracey Duesler
- Vice President Communications: Kimberly Kelley
- Vice President Membership: Chelsea Koehnen
- Vice President Philanthropy: Cindy Furey
- Vice President Provisionals: Mary Evers
- Vice President Ticktockers: Renee Holzman
Leadership development is a core component of the NCL experience. Over the course of their six years in NCL, we watch our daughters blossom into accomplished young women ready to take on the world.
One of the ways we foster leadership and learning is through our annual Ticktocker Day, a Del Sol chapter tradition where Ticktockers come together and focus on philanthropy, leadership and personal development. The theme for our most recent Ticktocker Day was Game On and represented the girls rolling up their sleeves, bringing their best self to NCL and joining in to help others in their community. Motivational speaker, Lex Gillette, a blind paralympian came to speak and inspired the Ticktockers to set goals, aim for the stars and realize there is no limit to what they can achieve if they have a vision.
Each Ticktocker class has Board Officers and Appointed positions. Members have opportunities to engage in experiences that build essential skills, such as confidence, consensus and team building, event planning, conflict resolution and parliamentary procedure. Every Ticktocker is encourage to serve on the grade level Board at least once during her years in NCL.
Ticktocker Board Officers
Vice President – Philanthropy
Vice President – Programs
Vice President – Communications
Hours and Awards
We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader world views that will shape and support our lives. We celebrate our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future. Our cultural experiences include: dance, art, relaxation, etiquette, museums visits, plays and musicals, and much more.