About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Dogwood Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the Raleigh area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Dogwood aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alliance Medical Ministry
- Carolina Ballet, Inc.
- Diaper Train-St. Saviour’s Center
- Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina
- Green Chair Project
- Haven House
- Komen NC Race for the Cure Triangle
- Loaves and Fishes
- Marbles Kids Museum
- NC Museum of Natural Sciences
- Operation Gratitude (National Philanthropy)
- Parkview Manor (Bingo)
- Poe Center for Health Education
- Raleigh Little Theater
- Salvation Army: Soup Kitchen
- Step-Up Ministry
- Urban Ministries of Wake County: Food Pantry
- Urban Ministries of Wake County: Helen Wright Center Meals
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Virginia Batchelder
- President Elect: Shannon Oliveira
- Secretary: Julie Tuttle
- Treasurer: Crystal Smith
- Parliamentarian: Anna Choi
- Vice President Communications: Holly Austin
- Vice President Membership: Catherine Kibbe
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Lise Sherlin
- Vice President Philanthropy: Cameron Ellerbe
- Vice President Provisionals: Melissa Ferrell
- Vice President Ticktockers: Kimberly Durland
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.