About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Dunwoody Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Dunwoody and surrounding area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Dunwoody aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The Dunwoody Chapter is the 116th Chapter of the National Charity League, Inc. (NCL) and is one of eight chapters in the state of Georgia. Founded by Anne Marie and her daughter Ashley Newman in 2004, our chapter was formed by service-minded women who saw needs in our community and sought to fill them. Finding tremendous interest in the community from mothers and daughters who were familiar with other area chapters, these women worked to create a chapter in Dunwoody.
The Dunwoody Chapter currently has more than 300 members providing hands-on volunteer service for more than 18 philanthropic organizations and contributes over 9,000 hours to our community each year.
Other annual events include our Kick-Off event in the fall, a Father-Daughter event, a Mother-Daughter Event, and our Mother/Daughter Tea and Awards event in the spring.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Children’s Restoration Network
- Christian Youth Theater
- Community Assistance Center
- Dunwoody Nature Center
- Foster Care Support Foundation, Inc.
- Georgia Ovarian Cancer Alliance
- Mount Vernon Towers
- National Philanthropy Initiative
- Ronald McDonald House Charities Atlanta
- Senior Services of North Fulton
- Spruill Center for the Arts
- Zoo Atlanta
- Chastain Therapeutic Riding Program
- DeKalb County Animal Services
- Wellspring Living
- President: Kristy Parent
- President Elect: Amanda Becker
- Secretary: Meredith Lackey
- Treasurer: Lauren Bingham
- Parliamentarian: Sarah Teja
- Vice President Communications: Mandy Cutler
- Vice President Membership: Meredith Johnson
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Caitlin Russell
- Vice President Philanthropy: Whitney Samuelson
- Vice President Provisionals: Maran Grace
- Vice President Ticktockers: Lisa Compton
Each year every Ticktocker class focuses on a different aspect of leadership. Beginning in 7th grade the Tictockers explore leadership styles and NCL, Inc. core values. In 8th grade they learn to communicate more effectively and lead their grade level meetings. As 9th graders, the girls further develop their listening skills, practice time management tools, and build self-confidence. The 10th grade Ticktockers learn to strengthen conflict resolution skills, prepare for future employment, and engage in public speaking. In 11th grade the Ticktockers establish future goals and identify college opportunities. Lastly, as seniors this class mentors the younger Ticktockers and explores Sustainer opportunities.
Each Ticktocker class has Board Officers and Committee Members.