About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., East Valley Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the East Valley area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, East Valley aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
HOW DO I APPLY?
1. Attend an Informational or Prospective Member meeting. The Prospective Member Meeting will be held Sunday, November 21st 2:00-4:00. Please email the VP of Membership at email@example.com for more information on how to attend and address of the meeting.
Since NCL is a six-year commitment for both mothers and daughters, we want to make sure our prospective members understand the annual requirements of membership. Once you are comfortable with the membership requirements, go to Step 2.
2. Click on the Membership Inquiry Form above.
You will receive a link to submit a Prospective Membership Application from our Vice President of Membership. If you have questions through any part of this process, please contact our Vice President of Membership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Who should apply to the East Valley Chapter?
Prospective members are mothers with daughters in grades 6-9 who reside in the East Valley region of the Phoenix metropolitan area at the time of the membership drive.
When can we apply?
Our Annual Membership Drive runs October 1st – January 15. We do not maintain a wait list.
How many chapters are in Phoenix?
There are 10 chapters in the Phoenix area. Please note that a prospective member shall only apply to one chapter.
What if I do not know a member or have a sponsor for the East Valley Chapter?
If you are new to the area or do not know anyone in the East Valley Chapter, please let us know. We will strive to connect you with courtesy sponsors.
Securing a sponsor, applying to the East Valley Chapter of NCL, Inc. and/or inquiring about membership does not guarantee membership due to class size limitations. Prospective members who have an older sibling in the East Valley Chapter of NCL, Inc. are considered legacies and are given priority consideration for membership.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Arizona Humane Society
- Back To School Clothing Drive
- Children’s Cancer Network Phoenix
- Cinderella Affair
- Dementia Education and Research Network DERN
- Desert Club
- Don’t Be a Chump! Check For A Lump!
- Feed My Starving Children
- Furnishing Dignity
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)
- Military Assistance Mission
- Operation Gratitude
- Paz de Cristo
- Phoenix Children’s Hospital
- Project Linus
- Ronald McDonald House
- Saint Mary’s Food Bank
- Second Chance for Sophia
- Special Olympics
- Sunshine Acres Children’s Home
- Tempe Sister Cities ~ Hackett House
- Tempe Sister Cities ~ Oktoberfest
- The Kindness Campaign
- Treasures 4 Teachers
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Elizabeth Shabaker
- President Elect: Josey Swanson
- Secretary: Jennifer Hunsaker
- Treasurer: Stephanie Samuelson
- Parliamentarian: Jeni Panhorst
- Vice President Communications: Tania Rocco
- Vice President Membership: Marjean Steinkamp
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Shannon Parys
- Vice President Philanthropy: Lori Zienkewicz
- Vice President Provisionals: Monique Zurga
- Vice President Ticktockers: Rebecca Brueck
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.
DONATING TO OUR CHAPTER
National Charity League East Valley is a non profit organization that fosters mother-daughter relationships in a philanthropic organization committed to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences. To support our mission you can partner with us in a couple ways: through cash donations, Amazon smile program and Fry’s Community Rewards program.