About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Emerald City Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Bellevue, Medina, Clyde Hill, Yarrow Point, Hunts Point, greater Seattle city, Kirkland, and Redmond area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Emerald City aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The Emerald City Chapter serves 16 local community organizations. Each year the Chapter provides leadership training to more than 200 young women in grades 7 through 12, serves more than 4,000 community service hours, and participates in a broad array of cultural programs.
Our members share a passion for our community, building lasting friendships and supportive mother-daughter bonds. We invite mothers with daughters who are entering the 7th grade in 2023 to inquire about Membership
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
UPDATE FOR 2023-2024: We are Currently Recruiting New Members!
If you are looking for opportunities to make new connections, be active in your community, and make a difference, the Emerald City Chapter could be right for you. We are currently accepting applications for the Class of 2029 (current 6th graders) and select other classes. There will be future informational meetings in Nov-Dec. Dates and place to be determined.
Prospective Member Applications for 2023-2024 are Due by February 15, 2023!
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Alexander’s Hope
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Bloodworks Northwest
- Disaster Response
- Mary’s Place
- Mountains to Sound Greenway
- National Day of Service – Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service – January 16, 2023
- Operation Gratitude
- The Kindness Campaign
- The Sophia Way
The depth and breadth of our community partnerships allow volunteers to serve a broad variety of local needs as well as experience different volunteer roles. Members are encouraged to try many different types of events. Each class grade level also has a distinct focus area where they partner with a particular community organization on a fun group project or event.
- President: Sheila Delaney Duke
- President Elect: Anindita Banerjee
- Secretary: Renuka Getchell
- Treasurer: Holly Masters
- Parliamentarian: Brenda Rosellini
- Vice President Communications: Alice Chao
- Vice President Membership: Jackline Joseph
- Vice President Philanthropy: Julie Lynch
- Vice President Provisionals: Jennifer Ramos
- Vice President Ticktockers: Ann Paras
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion (formerly Vice President Patroness Activities): Beth Halvorsen
Grade level officers are nominated and elected by class members each year. Over the course of their membership, all girls have the opportunity to engage in age appropriate leadership roles with the support of mother Grade Level Advisors. Class officers and members organize community service and cultural experiences to participate in by class. Members also have the opportunity to participate on specific committees across grade level.
The Emerald City Chapter engages in cultural experiences that reflect the richness of the Pacific Northwest. Each year these may include:
- Local Cultural Festivals and Events
- International Foods and Cooking Classes
- Theater or Live Performances
- Dance Classes or Performances
- Concerts or Musical Theater
- Museum Visits
- Architectural Tours or Garden Events