About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Emerald City Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Bellevue, Medina, Clyde Hill, Yarrow Point, Hunts Point, greater Seattle city, Kirkland, and Redmond area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Emerald City aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The Emerald City Chapter serves 16 local community organizations. Each year the Chapter provides leadership training to more than 200 young women in grades 7 through 12, serves more than 4,000 community service hours, and participates in a broad array of cultural programs.
Our members share a passion for our community, building lasting friendships and supportive mother-daughter bonds. We invite mothers with daughters who are entering the 7th grade in 2021 to inquire about Membership. A few opportunities will also be available in our 8th and 9th grade classes. See below for more information.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
The Emerald City Chapter is recruiting for the 2021-2022 year! We are seeking prospective members who are currently in 6th, 7th or 8th grade. If you are looking for opportunities to make new connections, be active in your community, and make a difference, the Emerald City Chapter can be right for you. Find our more by attending one of our upcoming Zoom Information Meetings. Key dates:
Wednesday, November 18 at 7:00 p.m. – Prospective Member Information Meeting via Zoom (details to come)
Saturday, January 9 at 10:00 a.m. – Prospective Member Information Meeting via Zoom (details to come)
Monday, February 15 – Prospective Member Applications due
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Bellevue Farmers Market
- Bellevue Lifespring
- Eastside Baby Corner
- F-Factor/Ruby Room
- Food Lifeline
- Fred Hutch
- Health & Hope Foundation
- Jubilee REACH
- KidsQuest Children’s Museum
- Little Bit Therapeutic Riding Center
- Mountains to Sound Greenway
- Olive Crest & Fred Hutch
- Seattle Children’s Hospital Guild
- The Sophia Way
- Washington State Special Olympics
The depth and breadth of our community partnerships allow volunteers to serve a broad variety of local needs as well as experience different volunteer roles. Members are encouraged to try many different types of events. Each class grade level also has a distinct focus area where they partner with a particular community organization on a fun group project or event.
- President: Diana Bowar
- President Elect: HyAnne Neff
- Secretary: Donna Anderson
- Treasurer: Laura Weingaertner
- Parliamentarian: Angel Leon
- Vice President Communications: Rebecca Laughlin
- Vice President Membership: Danielle Fisher
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Patricia Mcknight
- Vice President Philanthropy: Angelina Olson
- Vice President Provisionals: Jodi Scribner
- Vice President Ticktockers: Kelly Silver
- Sustainer Liaison: Tami Lamp
Grade level officers are nominated and elected by class members each year. Over the course of their membership, all girls have the opportunity to engage in age appropriate leadership roles with the support of mother Grade Level Advisors. Class officers and members organize community service and cultural experiences to participate in by class. Members also have the opportunity to participate on specific committees across grade level.
The Emerald City Chapter engages in cultural experiences that reflect the richness of the Pacific Northwest. Each year these may include:
- Local Cultural Festivals and Events
- International Foods and Cooking Classes
- Theater or Live Performances
- Dance Classes or Performances
- Concerts or Musical Theater
- Museum Visits
- Architectural Tours or Garden Events