About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Evergreen Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Mercer Island, Washington. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Evergreen aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Freshmen girls and moms (Class of 2026)
Ready to have fun together while helping our greater Seattle area?
Evergreen Chapter of National Charity League (NCL) is holding a mini-membership drive.
We are accepting applications from May 1-31.
Spend time with girls in your class, choose from over 30 local philanthropies, and make a difference in our community! Join with your friends and make new friends, too.
Moms, meet other mothers during monthly opportunities featuring speakers and events. It’s also a rich, rewarding way to spend time with your daughter while helping others!
Want to learn more?
Join our Information Meeting via Zoom on Monday, May 8 at 6:30 PM.
Contact Evergreen Chapter (Burcu Bayirli) at firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom meeting info.
Below is the link to the application form for a propective patroness:
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Aki Kurose/Communities in Schools
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Atlantic Street Center
- Birthday Dreams
- Colorectal Cancer Alliance (CCA)
- Disaster Response
- Mercer Island Schools Foundation
- Operation Gratitude
- Outdoors for All
- Ruby Room
- Russian Chamber Music Foundation of Seattle
- Swedish Medical Center Foundation
- The Sophia Way
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Robyn Kimura Hsu
- President Elect: Mariya Zorotovich
- Secretary: Genevieve Manfredo
- Treasurer: Meng-Hua Wei
- Parliamentarian: Julien Kern
- Vice President Communications: Carmela Wood
- Vice President Membership: Burcu Bayirli
- Vice President Philanthropy: Cheryl Prophater
- Vice President Provisionals: Katherine Nago
- Vice President Ticktockers: Jennifer Hsu
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Cynthia Davidson
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.