About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Evergreen Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Mercer Island, Washington. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Evergreen aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Our Annual Membership Drive is currently closed. If you would like more information about our next Membership Drive, please contact our VP Membership, Burcu Bayirli.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Aki Kurose/Communities in Schools
- Angeline’s Day Center
- Atlantic Street Center
- Grace Place (formerly Ellsworth House)
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF)
- Mary’s Place
- MEOW Cat Rescue
- Mercer Island Youth and Family Services Foundation (MIYFSF)
- MI Farmer’s Market
- MI Preschool Association
- MI Rotary
- MIYFS – Food Pantry
- MIYFS – Thrift Shop
- Nikkei Manor
- Northwest Parkinson’s Foundation
- NW Harvest
- Operation Gratitude
- Outdoors for All
- Ruby Room
- Russian Chamber Music Foundation of Seattle
- Seattle Humane
- Soldiers’ Angels
- Sound Generations
- Special Olympics
- Swedish Medical Center Foundation
- Team Ewan Guild
- Treehouse for Kids
- Washington Trails Association
- Youth Theatre NW
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Elizabeth Evans
- President Elect: Dawn Dunn
- Secretary: Katherine Molnar
- Treasurer: Meng-Hua Wei
- Parliamentarian: JULIE NEWELL
- Vice President Communications: Waverly Swenson
- Vice President Membership: Burcu Bayirli
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Ruby Azeem
- Vice President Philanthropy: Mona Dash
- Vice President Provisionals: Erika Brown
- Vice President Ticktockers: Adrienne Weiss
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.