About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Fort Worth Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the Fort Worth Area or attend All Saintsâ Episcopal School, Fort Worth Country Day School or Trinity Valley School. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Fort Worth aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
WELCOME TO THE FORT WORTH CHAPTER OF NATIONAL CHARITY LEAGUE, INC.
The Fort Worth Chapter of NCL, Inc., is an organization of women and their daughters who are committed to community service and personal development. Membership in National Charity League strengthens the mother/daughter bond during the challenging developmental years of grades 7 through 12, while providing unique opportunities to learn and grow as individuals, and to develop a deeper understanding and appreciation of the differences in each other and the world.
Currently we have over 350 members providing hands-on volunteer service for over 20 philanthropic organizations and contributing over 7900 hours to our local community in the 2019/20 service year.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Timeline: Applications for membership are accepted during the Annual Membership Drive from October-January each year for girls in the 6th grade at the time of the membership drive.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- A Wish with Wings
- ALS Association
- American Heart Association
- Cancer Care Services
- CASA of Tarrant County
- Center for Transforming Lives
- Como Community Center
- Cook Children’s Health Foundation
- Educational First Steps
- Honor Flight DFW
- Humane Society of North Texas
- Komen Greater Fort Worth
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society – North Texas Chapter
- Make a Wish
- Presbyterian Night Shelter
- Rutledge Foundation
- SafeHaven of Tarrant County
- Tarrant Area Food Bank
- Union Gospel Mission
- President: Elizabeth McCurdy
- President Elect: Tulisha Buchanan
- Secretary: Merry Milliken
- Treasurer: Kristin Miller
- Parliamentarian: Monika Worsley
- Vice President Communications: Monica Cyprian
- Vice President Membership: Pam Packer
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Amy Purifoy Lopez
- Vice President Philanthropy: Anna Turner
- Vice President Provisionals: Jan Clinkscale
- Vice President Ticktockers: Stephanie Bumgardner
OUR CHAPTER HISTORY
The Fort Worth Chapter was founded in 2012 by Martha Prioleau. We obtained charter stauts with National Charity League, Inc., in 2014. The Fort Worth Chapter is one of over 200 chapters nationwide. There are more than 50,000 National Charity League members across the nation who are actively involved in the National Charity League, Inc., program supporting the needs of their local communities.
Founding President, Martha Prioleau, 2012-2014
Evelyn Merrill, 2014-2015
Mary Schlegel, 2015-2016
Elaine Morris, 2016-2017
Christine Dobson, 2017-2018
Jackie Prowse, 2018-2019
Suzanne Sanders, 2019-2020