About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Garden City Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in Garden City, NY. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Garden City aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Garden City Chapter
- Adelphi University
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Association for Children with Down Syndrom (ACDS)
- Belmont Child Care Association
- Big Brothers/BIg Sisters
- Birthday Wishes
- Book Fairies
- Charity Ball
- Children’s Medical Fund of New York
- Childrens Brain Tumor Foundation
- Disaster Response
- Garden City Historical Society
- Garden City Turkey Trot
- GC Library
- GC Race for the Cure
- Habitat for Humanity
- Hance Family Foundation
- Healing Headbands
- I’m Not Done Yet
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Metro New York
- Long Island Alzheimers Assoc
- Long Island Coalition for the Homeless
- Michelle O’Neill Foundation
- My Stuff Bags Foundation
- National Kidney Foundation
- Northwell Health
- NYU Langone
- Operation Gratitude
- Ronald McDonald House
- Stockings for Soldiers
- The Inn
- The Kindness Campaign
- Tuesdays Children
- Wreaths Across America
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Janalyn Pomeroy
- President Elect: Michelle Myers
- Secretary: Christine Gebhard
- Treasurer: Jaime Melendez
- Parliamentarian: Nancy Clavin
- Vice President Communications: Alicia Conefry
- Vice President Membership: Cira Rom
- Vice President Philanthropy: Diana Mitchell
- Vice President Ticktockers: Danielle Atteritano
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Elizabeth Golden
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.