About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Granite Bay Area Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the Granite Bay High School attendance area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Granite Bay Area aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
For over 50 years, National Charity League, Inc. (NCL Inc.) has thrived as one of the nation’s most distinctive and well-respected mother-daughter membership organizations. Mothers and daughters in grades 7-12 who are committed to the mission and vision of NCL, Inc. and who believe in the organization’s core values make up our membership.
The Granite Bay Area Chapter was founded in 1998, chartered in 2000, and incorporated in 2001. Our Chapter philosophy is to encourage our members to work as mother-daughter teams doing hands-on philanthropy activities. For the 2020-2021 NCL year we have 250 active members and 39 sustaining members making up the Granite Bay Area Chapter of NCL, Inc..
In addition to philanthropic service, the NCL experience provides opportunities for both mothers and daughters to develop as leaders; gaining expertise through on-the-job participation. Each year, all NCL, Inc. members hold a Chapter position where they acquire such skills as organizational management, team-building, parliamentary procedure, time management, social/business etiquette, and public speaking.
We also offer our members opportunities to experience diverse and age-appropriate cultural and social activities in our community.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
The Granite Bay Area Chapter of NCL, Inc. members perform community service, learn leadership skills, and participate in cultural and educational opportunities.
You may qualify if:
- Your daughter is entering the 7th through 9th grade in the Fall;
- You reside within the boundaries of the Granite Bay High School attendance area;
- There are openings in our Chapter (based on an anonymous draw)
Prospective members should attend an information meeting of the National Charity League, Inc. (NCL) Chapter they wish to join. If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about our Chapter’s boundaries, membership obligations and membership drive timeline (January – April 2024).
Prospective Member Information Meetings will be held on January 30th and February 15th from 7:00-8:00 PM at the Granite Bay Community Library (6475 Douglas Blvd, Granite Bay,CA).
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Acres of Hope
- Alliance – Dress 2 S.O.A. R.
- ALS (Amytrophic Lateral Sclerosis)
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Angels for Hearts
- Arthritis Foundation
- CASA of Placer County
- Disaster Response
- Eureka Schools Foundation
- First Tee Greater Sacramento
- Folsom Lake SRA
- Food for Families
- Friends of the Granite Bay Library
- Gigi’s Playhouse Sacramento
- Girls Love Mail
- His Mountaintop Ministries Therapeutic/Adaptive Horsemanship
- Keaton’s Child Cancer Alliance
- Operation Gratitude
- Pine Creek Care Center
- Placer Breast Cancer Endowment
- Roseville Urban Forest Foundation (RUFF)
- Salvation Army
- Special Olympics
- St. Vincent de Paul Bags Delivery
- St. Vincent de Paul Soup Kitchen
- St. Vincent de Paul Special Event
- Stand Up Placer
- Sutter Roseville Auxiliary
- The Kindness Campaign
- Volunteers of America
- Zafia’s Family House
In 2021-2022, our Chapter provided over 5,198 philanthropy hours to local and regional charities.
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Pantea Dunn
- President Elect: Erin Grover
- Secretary: Michelle Peterson
- Treasurer: Kumiko Mitsuhashi
Yi Shiu-Shirley Liu
- Parliamentarian: Jen Powell
- Vice President Communications: Heather Clemmer
- Vice President Membership: Lea Headley
- Vice President Philanthropy: Margie Smith
- Vice President New Members: Jenn Preininger
- Vice President Ticktockers: Kirsten Carleson
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Jayme Kugley
Our members have opportunities to engage in experiences that build essential skills, such as confidence, consensus and team building, event planning, conflict resolution and parliamentary procedure.
Our daughters, also know as Ticktockers, start their journey with NCL, Inc. in 7th Grade. Throughout their six year membership, they, along with their mothers, who are know as Patronesses, gain valuable experience and confidence as they hold various positions in our Chapter. Our daughters learn important life skills, professional skills, and social skills.
Granie Bay Area Chapter Ticktocker Elected Board Positions:
- Vice President of Philanthropy
- Vice President of Leadership
- Vice President of Communication
- Vice President of Culture
Granite Bay Area Chapter Ticktocker Appointed Support Positions:
- Hours Chair
- Digital Media Chiar
- Corresponding Secretary
- Ticktocker Council Representative
- Tea Chair
- Engagement and Inclusion Chair
- Member Recognition Chair
- Hospitality Chair
- Senior Recognition Chair
- Mother-Daughter Event Chair
In addition to working closely with our daughters, all Patronesses hold chapter jobs every year and participate as leaders to ensure the success of our Chapter. There are board positions, board support positions, event committee chairs and committee members, liaisons with our philanthropy partners, and grade-level advisors who work directly with the ticktocker classes.
The culmination of the leadership development is showcased at our Senior Recognition Event. This is a special event that highlights the achievements of the seniors, celebrates their six year commitment to leadership training, cultural experiences, and charitable services to NCL, and embraces the young women they have become as each senior ticktocker prepares a slide show and speech to present to their peers, families and close friends.
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader world views that will shape and support our lives. We enjoy a variety of cultural events throughout the year. Past cultural activities for our chapter have included:
- Granite Bay High School Theatre and Dance productions
- Family Martial Arts
- Crocker Art Museum
- Roseville Theater Arts Academy
- California Museum
- California State Railroad Museum
- Sacramento Theater Productions
We also plan and execute a chapter-wide Tea & Recognition Event. A theme is chosen, decorations are prepared, tea etiquette is taught and speakers frequently present on a variety of topics. We recognize members for their outstanding philanthropic efforts and provide valuable information about our philanthropies at our Philanthropy Fair that occurs immediately preceding the Tea.
Current Board of Directors
NCL, Inc., Granite Bay Area Chapter Board 2023 – 2024
President: Pantea Dunn
President-Elect: Erin Grover
Past President: Jenevieve Que
Parliamentarian: Jen Powell
VP Chapter Engagement & Inclusion: Jayme Kugley
VP Communications: Heather Clemmer
VP Membership: Lea Headley
VP Philanthropy: Margie Smith
VP Ticktockers: Kirsten Carleson
VP Provisionals: Jenn Preininger
Recording Secretary: Shelly Peterson
Treasurer: Shirley Liu