About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Greenwich Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in Greenwich and the surrounding area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Greenwich aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The Greenwich Chapter was founded on February 24, 2020. We are Mother’s and Daughter’s working together to serve our community in a variety of ways including, helping children and families in need & supporting those that suffer from food insecurity. We are excited to be a part of the NCL family.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
We are currently accepting applications for graduating classes of 2023, 2024, 2025 & 2026 membership. Please contact VP of Membership, Nellie Gilligan, at email@example.com.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
Our current philanthropy partners are:
- Kids in Crisis – Helping the children that are homeless
- Neighbor to Neighbor – Helping families that suffer from food insecurity
- Boys & Girls Club of Greenwich- Helping the children in a variety of ways
- Wreaths Across America – Honoring the fallen heroes who fight for our country including the canine warriors
- Billion Oyster Club – Honoring our environment
- Pajama Program – Providing pajamas for children that have none.
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Alessandra Brus
We cultivate opportunities for the Ticktockers to learn and lead through the 6 year program at NCL.
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
The Greenwich Chapter has an annual Mother/Daughter Tea, etiquette excursions with Myka Meier for the Ticktockers, as well as various cultural & social events.
Check Us Out On Social Media
Our Instagram @NCL_Greenwich