About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Houston Hearts Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the Houston area or attend a private school within the geographic boundaries of East of Highway 6, West of Loop 610, South of Long Point and North of Southwest Freeway. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Houston Hearts aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- ADMIN ONLY – BONUS PHIL HRS
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Archived – Fair Haven
- Books Between Kids
- Camp for All
- Citizens for Animal Protection (CAP)
- DePelchin Children’s Center
- Disaster Response
- Easter Seals Greater Houston
- Fair Haven Food Pantry (FH)
- Hope Lodge
- Houston Hearts
- Houston Hearts Annual Food Drive
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- Kids Meals Houston
- Lily’s Toy Box
- Memorial Assistance Ministries (MAM)
- Nabor House Community
- Operation Gratitude
- Partners in Education (SBISD)
- Salvation Army
- Susan G. Komen Foundation – Houston
- The Kindness Campaign
- The Parish School
- The Vosswood Nursing Center
- The Westview School
- Vita Living
- West Houston Assistance Ministries (WHAM)
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Maria Martinez
- President Elect: Stacey Petruszka
- Secretary: Lindsey Grace
- Treasurer: Kristi Smith
- Parliamentarian: Vanessa Rossi
- Vice President Communications: Jill Kolb
- Vice President Membership: Abby Miggins
- Vice President Philanthropy: Tacy Singleterry
- Vice President Provisionals: Emily Hayes
- Vice President Ticktockers: Whitney Gormley
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Julia Gutierrez
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.