About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Katy Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the Katy ISD area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Katy aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The Katy Chapter is the oldest NCL Chapter in Katy. Chartered in 1984 by the Vanns and Hawthornes, the chapter consisted of mothers and daughters from James E. Taylor High School and Memorial Parkway Junior High School.
During the chapter’s early years, Ticktockers met as a Junior High group and a High School group, instead of meeting by class. The first Senior Recognition in 1989 was a simple church dress affair at the original Las Alamedas on I-10.
A favorite philanthropy at the time was adopting families in need from a local church’s program for Christmas. The mothers and daughters shopped in groups and then got together as a chapter to wrap the gifts. Afterward, they delivered the gifts and needed items to the families. We are proud to say that we still serve this philanthropy today.
Former Ticktockers recall the impact of serving as class leaders. It’s often their first opportunities to serve in a leadership role, and paves the way towards future endeavors as leaders in organizations and boards they’ve joined.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
HOW TO JOIN
Thank you for your interest in National Charity League, Katy Chapter. Our membership drive will be open this year for the class of 2027. To learn more about our chapter and what NCL is all about, please join us at our Prospective New Member Open House, to be held via zoom on October 18, 2020 at 2 pm. Please complete the membership inquiry form above (under Join Our Chapter) to receive communications regarding the Open House.
Please take a few minutes to review our Prospective New Member Packet. The packet will explain the benefits of joining National Charity League, the activities in which our chapter engages and the responsibilities of our members.
As you consider membership in the Katy Chapter, here are some things to keep in mind about the membership process:
- Timeline: Applications for membership are accepted during the Annual Membership Drive from October 1- January 15 each year for daughters in 6th grade at the time of the Membership Drive.
- Residence: A Prospective Member shall reside in the attendance areas of Katy ISD, Fulshear, Richmond, or Sealy.
- Sponsorship: A Prospective Member shall be sponsored by an Active Member and co-sponsored by an Active, Provisional or Sustainer Patroness Member in our Chapter.
- Application: A Prospective Member shall only apply to one Chapter.
HOW THE PROGRAM WORKS
A prospective candidate will find a sponsor who is a member of the Katy Chapter to mentor her through the process. Membership is by invitation. The review process focuses solely on the mother. No information about the daughter is reviewed or considered. Offers of membership are based on compatibility with the goals, traditions, and members of the Katy Chapter.
If you are interested in applying for membership in the Katy Chapter, please complete the Prospective Member Application.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!
VP Membership // firstname.lastname@example.org
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- American Heart Association
- Ballard House/ Cinco Charities *
- Brookwood Community *
- CAP (Citizens for Animal Protection) *
- Clothed by Faith
- Feed the Hunger
- Friday Night Friends
- KCM (Katy Christian Ministries) – Food Pantry & Resale Shop*
- KCM (Katy Christian Ministries) – Red Barrel
- Kidz Club – After School Tutoring
- Kidz Club – Summer Reading
- Meals on Wheels for Greater Houston
- Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital *
- Methodist West Houston – Katy Hospital *
- Oakmont of Katy Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center
- Operation Gratitude
- Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation
- T.E.A.M. (Texans Embracing America’s Military)
- Texas Children’s Hospital – West Campus – Projects *
- The Kindness Campaign
- President: Tara Weatherwax
- President Elect: Tara Milne
- Secretary: Jennifer DiPrisco
- Treasurer: Thy Regent
- Parliamentarian: Stacy Lombardi
- Vice President Communications: Audrey Schlorholtz
- Vice President Membership: Colleen Cooper
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Jessica Huntoon
- Vice President Philanthropy: Denisse Lyon
- Vice President Provisionals: Elizabeth Wibner
- Vice President Ticktockers: Allyson Brupbacher
The Katy Chapter provides all members the opportunity to engage in experiences that develop these essential skills through activities such as:
- Election of board and class officers
- Position Mentoring Program
- Planning and hosting monthly meetings
- Coordinating volunteer opportunities with our Philathropy Partners
- Event planning for major social events such as Senior Fashion Show & Recognition, the Katy Chapter Holiday Party and the Father-Daughter event
- Career Fair
The Katy Chapter enjoys a great varierty of cultural experiences in our community including:
- Attendance of local theatrical performances and exhibits
- Participation in local cultural events
- Guest speaker presentations about local history, arts and literature