About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Kings Trails Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Humble ISD school boundaries. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Kings Trails aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Addi’s Faith Foundation
- Alzheimer’s Association (National Philanthropy)
- American Heart Association
- Be an Angel
- Cypress Woods
- Family Promise
- Family Time Crisis and Counseling Center/The Door
- Houston National Cemetery
- Humble Area Assistance Ministries (HAAM)
- Humble ISD Education Foundation
- Jesse H. Jones Park and Nature Center
- K9 Airlift (Rescue Barn)
- Kingwood Dance Theatre (KDT)
- Operation Gratitude
- Ronald McDonald House
- Society of St. Stephen (SOSS)
- Special Olympics of Texas
- Susan G. Komen Foundation of Houston
- Village Learning and Achievement Center (VLAC)
- YMCA Lake Houston
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Bridgett Kristiansen
- Secretary: Liz Dillard
- Treasurer: Brandy Exnicious
- Parliamentarian: Susan Rapant
- Vice President Communications: Kara Braun
- Vice President Membership: Tara Colescott
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Emily Mills
- Vice President Philanthropy: Amy Ahrens
- Vice President Provisionals: Melissa Carrigan
- Vice President Ticktockers: Heather Mischel
- Sustainer Liaison: Leila Grassman
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.