About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Lake Highlands Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in the area east of HWY 75, southwest of Interstate 635, and north of Interstate 30. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Lake Highlands aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
We received our Charter in April 2019 and officially joined District 7, Region II with other amazing chapters in the DFW and Arkansas area.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Dallas Parks & Recreation
- Dallas Public Library
- East Lake Pet Orphanage
- Feed Lake Highlands
- Feed My Starving Children
- North Texas Food Bank
- Operation Gratitude
- Pamper Lake Highlands
- The Birthday Party Project
- The Kindness Campaign
- President: Lauren Hollis
- President Elect: Kris Osterbusch
- Secretary: Whitney Ragsdale
- Treasurer: Noel Rivenes
- Parliamentarian: Brandy Meierhofer
- Vice President Communications: Christi Terry
- Vice President Membership: Erin Basden
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Blythe Layne
- Vice President Philanthropy: Heather Marburger
- Vice President Provisionals: Melissa Bebell
- Vice President Ticktockers: Kathryn Janes
Each year each Ticktocker class has a variety of different focuses. Beginning in 7th grade the Tictockers explore leadership styles and NCL, Inc. core values. In 8th grade they learn to communicate more effectively and lead their grade level meetings. As 9th graders, the girls further develop their listening skills, practice time management tools, and build self-confidence. The 10th grade Ticktockers learn to strengthen conflict resolution skills, prepare for future employment, and engage in publicspeaking. In 11th grade the Ticktockers establish future goals and identify college opportunities. Lastly, as seniors this class mentors the younger Ticktockers and explores Sustainer opportunities.
Each Ticktocker class has Board Officers and Committee Members.
- Vice President – Philanthropy
- Vice President – Programs / Cultural
- Vice President – Recording Secretary
- Vice President – Corresponding Secretary
- Vice President – Events (9 – 12th Grade Only)
- Programs/Cultural Event
- Events (9th-12th Grade Only)
- Ticktocker Council Representative
By broadening worldviews and fostering soft skills of successful relationship building, we hope to raise future leaders who have an appreciation and respect for the values of others.
The NCL Experience provides Ticktockers the opportunity to participate in grade level appropriate experiences that build understanding and awareness of issues related to culture and diversity. Grade level activities may include:
- Performing & visual arts
- Positive identity
- Life skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Interviewing & resumes
- Art of etiquette
- Social media etiquette
- Culture of cuisine
- Written thank you’s
- Addressing formal invitations
Learning and practicing modern etiquette and the art of conversation plays a pivotal role in our chapter events for our Mother/Daughter Tea and Senior Recognition.