About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Lake Norman Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in Mooresville or the surrounding areas. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Lake Norman aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
We are the 240th NCL Inc. Chapter to form in the United States.
THE NCL EXPERIENCE
NCL, Inc. provides opportunities for mothers, known as “Patronesses” and daughters, known as “Ticktockers,” to cultivate both mother-daughter and peer relationships through service to others.
THE TICKTOCKER EXPERIENCE
The Ticktocker experience is a small group leadership program that allows each young woman to know the joy of helping others, to learn tolerance and kindness, to build confidence and maturity, and to make friends while sharing and participating in service activities.
THE PATRONESS EXPERIENCE
The Patroness experience allows mothers to work alongside their daughters as they broaden their perspective of the world around them. Patronesses also have the satisfaction of working with other talented women to advance the mission of our Lake Norman Chapter.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Accordius Health & Retirement ( formerly known as The Brian Center )
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Bridge of Hearts
- Children’s Hope Alliance
- Disaster Response
- Hit the Streets
- Hope of Mooresville(HOMe)
- Hope Street Food Pantry
- Inspire Our Children/Back2School Bash
- Lake Norman Special Olympics
- Lowe’s YMCA
- Mooresville Arts Guild
- NCL Lake Norman
- Operation Gratitude
- Pinky Swear
- Rescue Ranch
- Shining Hope Farms
- The Christian Mission
- The Kindness Campaign
- The Kindness Closet
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Jackie Regalado
- Secretary: Debra Sahley
- Treasurer: Jean Resener
- Parliamentarian: Tara Laguerre
- Vice President Communications: Celine Dixon
- Vice President Membership: Katy Law
Mary Catherine Martin
- Vice President Philanthropy: Maria Isemann
- Vice President Ticktockers: Jennifer Lefebvre
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Jaclyn Rollag
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
Welcome New Members