About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Lake Sammamish Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside within the boundaries of cities surrounding Lake Sammamish, including Issaquah, Sammamish, and Redmond, or have daughters attending schools within those cities. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Lake Sammamish aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Athletes For Kids
- Birthday Dreams
- Bridge of Promise
- Camp Korey
- Catholic Community Services
- Disaster Response
- Fieldstone Memory Care
- Friends of Youth
- Hope Festival
- Issaquah Chamber of Commerce
- Issaquah Food & Clothing Bank
- Issaquah Schools Foundation
- Issaquah Senior Center
- King County
- Mountains to Sound Greenway Trust
- Olive Crest
- Operation Gratitude
- Pantry Packs & Lake Washington Schools Foundation
- Providence Marionwood
- Puget Sound Goat Rescue
- Purrfect Pals
- Sammamish Chamber of Commerce – Farmer’s Market
- SAMMI Awards Foundation
- Seattle Children’s Playgarden
- Seattle Humane Society
- Special Olympics Washington
- The Sophia Way
- United Services Organization Northwest
- Youth Eastside Services
- YWCA Family Village
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Hao-Chau O’Connell
- President Elect: Karissa Mobilia
- Treasurer: Kelly Tarp
- Parliamentarian: Nicole Brenner
- Vice President Communications: Erika Seven
- Vice President Membership: Dana Crossgrove
- Vice President Philanthropy: Ann Brooks
- Vice President Provisionals: Krista Wood
- Vice President Ticktockers: Kristin Bendt
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Yvette White
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.