About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Las Vegas Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Las Vegas, Nevada. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Las Vegas aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Currently, the Las Vegas Chapter has over 300 members providing hands-on volunteer service for 30 philanthropic organizations and contributing over 5,200 hours to our local community each year.
In addition to volunteer service to our philanthropies, Las Vegas Chapter members participate in several annual events, including:
- Provisional Brunch
- Mother/Daughter Tea
- Father/Daughter Event
- Fall Chapter Kick-Off
- Fashion Show
- Food Drives
- Cultural Events
- Ticktocker Social Rally
- NCL Awards
- Senior Recognition
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
We invite you to consider membership in the NCL, Inc., Las Vegas Chapter. Some things to keep in mind about the membership process:
- Timeline: Applications for membership are accepted during the Annual Membership Drive from October-January each year, for daughters in grades 6th-9th at the time of the Membership Drive.
- Residence: A Prospective Member shall reside in the attendance areas of Las Vegas, or North Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Sponsorship: A Prospective Member shall be sponsored by an Active Member and co-sponsored by an Active, Provisional or Sustainer Patroness Member in our Chapter. (We can help connect you with a sponsor and co-sponsor, if needed!).
- Application: A Prospective Member shall only apply to one Chapter.
Learn about the membership process by reading our NCL Las Vegas Prospective Member packet 2021-2022.
After you’ve read our Prospective Member Packet, please click here to fill out and submit your Membership Inquiry form, or for any questions regarding Membership, if you do not have a sponsor, requests for transfers, or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer; email us at email@example.com .
In the meantime, your Sponsor and Co-Sponsor will be glad to answer any questions you may have about NCL, Inc.
Thank you again for your interest in our NCL, Inc., Las Vegas Chapter.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Adam’s Place
- American Heart Association Las Vegas
- American Lung Association in Nevada, Las Vegas
- Animal Foundation
- Assistance League of Las Vegas
- Blind Center of Nevada
- Boys & Girls Club – Agassi
- Boys & Girls Club – Desert Pines
- Candlelighter’s of Las Vegas
- Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
- Communities in Schools
- Green our Planet
- JOY PROM
- Las Vegas Natural History Museum
- Las Vegas Rescue Mission
- Make-A-Wish Southern Nevada
- Miracle League
- Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation
- Nevada Diabetes Association (NDA)
- Operation Gratitude
- Opportunity Village
- Project Dot
- Purple Stride
- Ronald McDonald House Las Vegas
- S.H.E.R.O. Foundation
- Shade Tree
- Spread the Word NV
- Springs Preserve
- St. Jude’s
- The Kindness Campaign
- The Salvation Army Southern Nevada
- Three Square
- Volunteers in Medicine
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
- President: Shazia Kirmani
- President Elect: Melissa Chandler
- Secretary: Rutu Ezhuthachan
- Treasurer: Bonnie Ng
- Parliamentarian: Ann Kling
- Vice President Communications: Mickey Norton
- Vice President Membership: Jill Landess
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Tenli Flourens
- Vice President Philanthropy: Elaine Fitzpatrick
- Vice President Provisionals: Nicole Pessin
- Vice President Ticktockers: Tricia Dettling
Patroness and Ticktocker members have opportunities to engage in experiences that build essential skills, such as confidence, consensus and team building, event planning, conflict resolution and parliamentary procedure. Activities of our Chapter include:
- Orientation for New Provisional Members
- Training for Patronesses and Ticktockers who have taken on a leadership role
- Grade Level Mother-Daughter Planning Meetings
- Monthly Patroness Board Meetings to organize the leadership of each class’ NCL Experience
- Quarterly Ticktocker Council Meetings across grade levels to organize Chapter-wide philanthropic or cultural events
- Monthly Ticktocker Grade-Level Meetings
- Patroness General Meetings
Facilitating our daughters’ development of leadership skills is an integral part of NCL. Under the Ticktocker council, elected Ticktocker have positions that help to organize meetings, set up philanthropic and social events and plan fun activities within NCL. These positions give young women the responsibility, authority, ownership and experience that will enhance their college applications, but help them as developing women in today’s world.
CLASS BOARD OFFICERS:
- Vice-President – Philanthropy
- Vice President – Programs
- Recording Secretary
- Corresponding Secretary
- Cultural Chair
- Ticktocker Council Representative
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives. We celebrate our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future. Participation in a variety of community events and structured activities helps develop cultural competence.
In addition to learning about the Arts and exploring topics such as diversity and tolerance, NCL, Inc. honors its deep roots through activities that allow for the learning and practice of social and business protocol, good manners and respect of others. Cultural activities are integrated into our Six Year Ticktocker Plan, encompassing the following suggested areas of focus:
- Musical (7th grade)
- Theater (8th grade)
- Symphony (9th grade)
- Museums/Gardens (10th grade)
- Art (11th grade)
- Dance (12th grade)
Our Chapter History
The Las Vegas Chapter of National Charity League was founded in 2003 by Laura Hobbs and Janice Stromberg. Both mothers wanted to provide their daughters with a quality community service opportunity. Charter status with the National organization was obtained in April of 2005. Our first graduating class held their Senior Presents event in 2006, now referred to as Senior Recognition.
The chapter is a part of NCL, Inc. District 8 Council-Region III; which includes the chartered chapters of Green Valley in Nevada, as well as the Arizona Chapters of Ahwatukee Foothills, Arrowhead, Cactus Wren, Camelback Mountain, East Valley, Moon Valley, Phoenix, San Tan, Scottsdale, Sonoran Centennial, and Tucson.
The Las Vegas Chapter is one of over 200 chapters nationwide. There are more than 50,000 National Charity League, Inc. members across the nation who are actively involved in the NCL, Inc. program supporting the needs of their local communities.
Laura Hobbs Founding President 2003-2005
Rita Marie Bioni 2006-2007
Dana Wiesner 2007-2008
Jodie Diamant 2009-2010
Karen Haller 2010-2011
Amy Ng 2011-2012
Kerri Dunn 2012-2013
Stephanie Bice 2013-2014
Lisa Gollard 2014-2015
Heidi Cook 2015-2016
Stacy Le Piere 2016-2017
Sharon Adashek 2017-2018
Amanda Covington 2018-2019