About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Las Vegas Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Las Vegas, Nevada. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Las Vegas aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
OUR CHAPTER HISTORY
The Las Vegas Chapter of National Charity League was founded in 2003 by Laura Hobbs and Janice Stromberg. Both mothers wanted to provide their daughters with a quality community service opportunity. Charter status with the National organization was obtained in April of 2005. Our first graduating class held their Senior Presents event in 2006, now referred to as Senior Recognition.
The chapter is a part of NCL, Inc. District 8 Council-Region III; which includes the chartered chapters of Green Valley in Nevada, as well as the Arizona Chapters of Ahwatukee Foothills, Arrowhead, Cactus Wren, Camelback Mountain, East Valley, Moon Valley, Phoenix, San Tan, Scottsdale, Sonoran Centennial, and Tucson.
The Las Vegas Chapter is one of over 200 chapters nationwide. There are more than 50,000 National Charity League, Inc. members across the nation who are actively involved in the NCL, Inc. program supporting the needs of their local communities.
Learn More about What We Do…
Laura Hobbs Founding President 2003-2005
Rita Marie Bioni 2006-2007
Dana Wiesner 2007-2008
Jodie Diamant 2009-2010
Karen Haller 2010-2011
Amy Ng 2011-2012
Kerri Dunn 2012-2013
Stephanie Bice 2013-2014
Lisa Gollard 2014-2015
Heidi Cook 2015-2016
Stacy Le Piere 2016-2017
Sharon Adashek 2017-2018
Amanda Covington 2018-2019
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
We invite you to consider membership in the NCL, Inc., Las Vegas Chapter. Some things to keep in mind about the membership process:
- Timeline: Applications for membership are accepted during the Annual Membership Drivefrom October-January each year, for daughters in grades 6th-9th at the time of the Membership Drive.
- Residence: A Prospective Member shall reside in the attendance areas of Las Vegas, or North Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Sponsorship: A Prospective Member shall be sponsored by an Active Member and co-sponsored by an Active, Provisional or Sustainer Patroness Member in our Chapter. (We can help connect you with a sponsor and co-sponsor, if needed!).
- Application: A Prospective Member shall only apply to one Chapter.
Learn about the membership process by reading our NCL Las Vegas Prospective Member packet 2021-2022.
After you’ve read our Prospective Member Packet, please click here to fill out and submit your Membership Inquiry form, or for any questions regarding Membership, if you do not have a sponsor, requests for transfers, or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer; email us at email@example.com .
In the meantime, your Sponsor and Co-Sponsor will be glad to answer any questions you may have about NCL, Inc.
Thank you again for your interest in our NCL, Inc., Las Vegas Chapter.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Operation Gratitude
- The Kindness Campaign
- Volunteers in Medicine of Southern Nevada
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities. Philanthropies supported by our Chapter include:
• Adam’s Place
•American Heart Association
• American Lung Association
• Animal Foundation
• Assistance League of Las Vegas – Operation School Bell
• Baby’s Bounty
• Blind Center of Nevada
• Candlelighters of Las Vegas
• Catholic Charities
• Communities in Schools
• Green Our Planet
• JOY PROM
Scale the Strat – American Lung Association
• Las Vegas Natural History Museum
• Las Vegas Rescue Mission
• Lighthouse Charities
• Make-A-Wish Foundation
• Miracle League
• Nevada Childhood Cancer Foundation
• Nevada Diabetes Foundation
• Opportunity Village
• Project Dot
• Ronald McDonald House
• Salvation Army – Angel Tree
• Shade Tree
• S.H.E.R.O. Foundation
• Soldiers’ Angels
• Spread the Word Nevada
• Springs Preserve
• St. Judes
• Street Teens
• Three Square
Scale the Strat – American Lung Association
Holiday Party – Soldier’s Angels
Planting Gardens at Elementary Schools – Green Our Planet
- President: Shazia Kirmani
- President Elect: Melissa Chandler
- Secretary: Rutu Ezhuthachan
- Treasurer: Bonnie Ng
- Parliamentarian: Ann Kling
- Vice President Communications: Mickey Norton
- Vice President Membership: Jill Landess
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Tenli Flourens
- Vice President Philanthropy: Elaine Fitzpatrick
- Vice President Provisionals: Nicole Pessin
- Vice President Ticktockers: Tricia Dettling
Patroness and Ticktocker members have opportunities to engage in experiences that build essential skills, such as confidence, consensus and team building, event planning, conflict resolution and parliamentary procedure. Activities of our Chapter include:
- Orientation for New Provisional Members
- Training for Patronesses and Ticktockers who have taken on a leadership role
- Grade Level Mother-Daughter Planning Meetings
- Monthly Patroness Board Meetings to organize the leadership of each class’ NCL Experience
- Quarterly Ticktocker Council Meetings across grade levels to organize Chapter-wide philanthropic or cultural events
- Monthly Ticktocker Grade-Level Meetings
- Patroness General Meetings
Facilitating our daughters’ development of leadership skills is an integral part of NCL. Under the Ticktocker council, elected Ticktocker have positions that help to organize meetings, set up philanthropic and social events and plan fun activities within NCL. These positions give young women the responsibility, authority, ownership and experience that will enhance their college applications, but help them as developing women in today’s world.
CLASS BOARD OFFICERS:
- Vice-President – Philanthropy
- Vice President – Programs
- Recording Secretary
- Corresponding Secretary
- Cultural Chair
- Ticktocker Council Representative
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives. We celebrate our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future. Activities of our Chapter include:
7th Grade — Focus: Musical
Activities Include: Art of Etiquette, Conversation Skills, Tea Etiquette, Awareness of Verbal and Non-Verbal Communication, Learning about music.
8th Grade — Focus: Theatre
Activities Include: Tea Etiquette, Interpersonal Skills, Peer Relationships, Learn about the Theatre.
9th Grade: Symphony
Activities Include: Conversation Skills, Art of Etiquette, Cultivate Empathy Awareness, Participate in Self-Defense & Self Empowerment, Attend and learn about Symphonies.
10th Grade: Museum/Gardens
Activities Include: Written Communication, Identify Personal Core Values, Prepare for Driving, Making Responsible Decisions, Visit and learn about Museums/Gardens.
11th Grade: Art
Activities Include: Art of Etiquette, Celebrate Diversity Awareness, Advocate Acceptance of Others, College Visit Etiquette, Written Communication Skills, Social/Business Correspondence, Visit an Art Exhibit and learn about Art.
12th Grade: Dance
Activities Include: Discuss Women’s Health Issues, Model High Standards of Personal Character, Interview Etiquette, Dance Etiquette, Verbal Communication, Prepare for their Senior Recognition, Learn about difference forms of Dance.
NCL, Inc. Las Vegas
ABOUT OUR CHAPTER
Currently, the Las Vegas Chapter has over 300 members providing hands-on volunteer service for 30 philanthropic organizations and contributing over 5,200 hours to our local community each year.
We hold several annual events including: Provisional Brunch, Mother/Daughter Tea, Fall Chapter Kick-Off, Fashion Show, Food Drives, Ticktocker Social Rally, NCL Awards and our Senior Recognition.
National Charity League, Inc. provides a unique 6-Year Experience for mothers and daughters in three distinct areas: