About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Legacy Frisco Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in Frisco, or attend school in the Frisco ISD. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Legacy Frisco aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
NCL Legacy Frisco was the idea of founding chapter president, Lisa Gerrish. In 2015 there was only one NCL, Inc. chapter with membership primarily focused in Frisco, Texas, with far more interested mothers and daughters than there were spaces available. Frisco, Texas had in less than 20 years expanded from one high school to ten high schools, with more under construction.
Recognizing the need in the Frisco community for another chapter, Lisa gathered a group of other moms and daughters excited to become a part of the NCL experience, and pitched the idea. These ladies became the founding board members of Legacy Frisco.
The chapter officially formed in April of 2016, with a 7th, 8th, and 9th grade class. In 2020 the Legacy Frisco chapter held its first Senior Recognition with its first graduating senior class. The chapter now consists of close to 300 members, serving over 20 philanthropies in Frisco, Texas and the surrounding communities. We intend to continue our ‘legacy’ for many years and generations of mothers and daughters serving together!
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
National Charity League, Inc. – Legacy Frisco Chapter is a chapter located in Frisco, Texas. Our chapter welcomes mothers and daughters that live in the city of Frisco, TX, or whose daughters go to school in the Frisco Independent School District.
We hold informational recruiting meetings in the fall, and will go through the formal recruitment process in January of each year. We recruit primarily for young ladies that are in 6th grade during the recruitment period, and will officially begin the NCL curriculum in the fall of 7th grade. The NCL Experience is a 6 year experience, from 7th – 12th grade.
The Legacy Frisco chapter has close to 300 mothers and daughters serving together in our local area. Our hope is that Legacy Frisco leaves a lasting ‘legacy’ on our community!
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Airborne Angel Cadets of Texas
- Bedstart of Plano
- City House of Plano
- City of Frisco
- Emily’s Place
- Feed My Starving Children -DFW
- Feed the City Frisco, TX – TangoTab
- Friday Nite Friends- DFW
- Frisco Family Services
- Frisco Fastpacs
- Frisco Heritage Center & Museum
- Good Will – Dallas and FriscoTexas
- Grace Bridge Frisco and Celina locations
- International Esperanza Project
- JDRF Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation DALLAS
- Lovepacs Frisco
- Miracle League of Frisco (The)
- Mustang Creek Estates Frisco Memory Care
- My Possibilities Plano
- North Texas Food Bank
- Paper for Water
- Parkview Frisco Assisted Living Center
- Plano Symphony Orchestra Guild (PSO)
- Rainbow Days Dallas
- Samaritan Inn
- Stewpot Dallas
- Susan G Komen North Texas
- The Birthday Party Project Dallas
- The Family Place Dallas
- The Kindness Campaign
- Wreaths Across America – DFW
These are just a sampling of philanthropies that we servie. NCL Legacy Frisco is proud to serve more than 40 philanthropies in Frisco, Texas and the surrounding communities!
- President: Heather McBride
- President Elect: Melissa Cameron
- Secretary: Jennifer Smith
- Treasurer: Katie Velez
- Parliamentarian: Sarah Feeney
- Vice President Communications: Sarah Walker
- Vice President Membership: Stacy Alberts
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Melissa Wechsler
- Vice President Philanthropy: Jennifer Miskovsky
- Vice President Provisionals: Marcia Schiff
- Vice President Ticktockers: Janis Armondo
Activities of our Chapter include:
- Each member (Mother and Daughter) hold positions that they are expected to perform for the Chapter. These positions change every year during the 6 year experience.
- Leadership roles such as President, Treasurer or Secretary are elected positions and are critical to the successful running of each grade level and of the chapter as a whole.
- Members not in a leadership role will take on roles on critical committees in our Chapter, such as hours and attendance or organizing our annual chapter tea.
- Training, orientation, and retreasts are held each year to allow for proper knowledge transfer to the new board and new officer positions.
- Monthly Meetings are held for the Mothers that include relevant and topical programming, opportunities to socialize and share ideas, and to understand the Chapter’s needs and upcoming events.
- Parliamentary elections are held annually to place members into their positions.
In addition to the NCL pillars of community service and leadership, cultural experiences are critical to the NCL Experience. Each grade level will participate in one cultural event per year. Examples of some of the past cultural events for Legacy Frisco have included the following:
Dior Exhibition at Dallas Museum of Art
Prestonwood Baptist Fall Follies
Plays and musical productions put on by our local Frisco high schools