About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Legacy Frisco Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in Frisco, or attend school in the Frisco ISD. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Legacy Frisco aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
NCL Legacy Frisco was the idea of founding chapter president, Lisa Gerrish. In 2015 there was only one NCL, Inc. chapter with membership primarily focused in Frisco, Texas, with far more interested mothers and daughters than there were spaces available. Frisco, Texas had in less than 20 years expanded from one high school to ten high schools, with more under construction.
Recognizing the need in the Frisco community for another chapter, Lisa gathered a group of other moms and daughters excited to become a part of the NCL experience, and pitched the idea. These ladies became the founding board members of Legacy Frisco.
The chapter officially formed on April 18th of 2016, with a 7th, 8th, and 9th grade class. In 2020 the Legacy Frisco chapter held its first Senior Recognition with its first graduating senior class. The chapter now consists of close to 300 members, serving over 20 philanthropies in Frisco, Texas and the surrounding communities. We intend to continue our ‘legacy’ for many years and generations of mothers and daughters serving together!
We are excited to announce our selection as a ‘Blue Rose’ chapter for the 2019-2020 calendar year! This award is given to chapters that have completed their annual requirements, participated in #GivingTuesday and the national philanthropy program, and held at least one Sustainer event.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
National Charity League, Inc. – Legacy Frisco Chapter is a chapter located in Frisco, Texas. Our chapter welcomes mothers and daughters that live in the city of Frisco, TX, or whose daughters go to school in the Frisco Independent School District.
We hold informational recruiting meetings in the fall, and will go through the formal recruitment process in January of each year. We recruit primarily for young ladies that are in 6th grade during the recruitment period, and will officially begin the NCL curriculum in the fall of 7th grade. The NCL Experience is a 6 year experience, from 7th – 12th grade.
The Legacy Frisco chapter has close to 300 mothers and daughters serving together in our local area. Our hope is that Legacy Frisco leaves a lasting ‘legacy’ on our community!
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- ACEing Autism
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Be The Change Project
- Bedstart of Plano
- City House of Plano
- City of Frisco
- Disaster Response
- Emily’s Place
- Feed My Starving Children -DFW
- Feed the City Frisco, TX – TangoTab
- Friday Nite Friends- DFW
- Frisco Education Foundation
- Frisco Family Services
- Frisco Fastpacs
- Frisco Heritage Center & Museum
- Frisco Threads
- Good Will – Dallas and FriscoTexas
- Grace Avenue Methodist Church in Frisco
- Grace Bridge Frisco and Celina locations
- International Esperanza Project
- JDRF Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation DALLAS
- Lovepacs Frisco
- Miracle League of Frisco (The)
- Mustang Creek Estates Frisco Memory Care
- My Possibilities Plano
- National Breast Cancer Foundation
- North Texas Food Bank
- Operation Gratitude
- Parkview Frisco Assisted Living Center
- Plano Symphony Orchestra Guild (PSO)
- Project Transformation Dallas
- Rainbow Days Dallas
- Samaritan Inn
- Sci-Tech Discovery Center of Frisco
- Soup Mobile Dallas
- Stewpot Dallas
- Susan G Komen North Texas
These are just a sampling of philanthropies that we serve. NCL Legacy Frisco is proud to serve more than 40 philanthropies in Frisco, Texas and the surrounding communities!
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
Activities of our Chapter include:
- Each member (Mother and Daughter) hold positions that they are expected to perform for the Chapter. These positions change every year during the 6 year experience.
- Leadership roles such as President, Treasurer or Secretary are elected positions and are critical to the successful running of each grade level and of the chapter as a whole.
- Members not in a leadership role will take on roles on critical committees in our Chapter, such as hours and attendance or organizing our annual chapter tea.
- Training, orientation, and retreasts are held each year to allow for proper knowledge transfer to the new board and new officer positions.
- Monthly Meetings are held for the Mothers that include relevant and topical programming, opportunities to socialize and share ideas, and to understand the Chapter’s needs and upcoming events.
- Parliamentary elections are held annually to place members into their positions.
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
In addition to the NCL pillars of community service and leadership, cultural experiences are critical to the NCL Experience. Each grade level will participate in one cultural event per year. Examples of some of the past cultural events for Legacy Frisco have included the following:
Dior Exhibition at Dallas Museum of Art
Prestonwood Baptist Fall Follies
Plays and musical productions put on by our local Frisco high schools