About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Lone Star Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Rockwall County. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Lone Star aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimers
- Brookdale Summer Ridge Assisted Living
- City of Heath – Special Events
- Kiwanis Club of Rockwall County – Angel League
- Lake Rockwall Estates
- Lakeshore Assisted Living (previously Arbor House)
- Lone Star CASA
- Meals On Wheels Senior Services of Rockwall County
- Operation Gratitude
- Patriot Paws
- Rockwall Community Playhouse
- Rockwall County Helping Hands
- Rockwall County Library
- Rockwall Historical Foundation
- Rockwall Pets
- Rockwall Summer Musicals
- Special Olympics Swimming
- Women In Need
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Tiffany Bortz
- President Elect: Jamie Killough
- Secretary: Michele Henke
- Treasurer: Rebecca Speight
- Parliamentarian: Kenda Culpepper
- Vice President Communications: Kelli Miller
- Vice President Membership: Jennifer Rodden
- Vice President Philanthropy: Misty Perez
- Vice President Provisionals: Ashley Ray
- Vice President Ticktockers: Kristin Bailey
- Sustainer Liaison: Cheryl LaFlame
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion (formerly Vice President Patroness Activities): Candie Rodriguez
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.