About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Lovejoy Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in or attend school in the Lovejoy ISD area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Lovejoy aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The vision of NCL Inc. is to connect hearts, hands and minds so that every community thrives. Our membership is comprised of girls, known as Ticktockers, in grades 7-12 and their mothers, known as Patronesses.
During your membership in NCL Inc., Lovejoy Chapter, the Ticktockers participate in a six-year program. This program focusses on NCL Inc’s three pillars: Community Service, Leadership Development and Cultural Experiences. This six-year program emphasizes the core values of NCL Inc.:
- Strengthening the mother-daughter bond
- Empowering women with the skills and confidence to mentor & lead
- Inspiring a legacy of social awareness and compassion
- Providing depth of support in local communities
- Honoring a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion
- Modeling integrity, graciousness, and excellence
Each Ticktocker grade level is organized by Ticktocker Officers and other leadership positions, while coached by Patronesses acting as Grade Level Advisors. Under this guidance, Ticktockers learn to plan and run their own meetings and grade-level events.
In addition to working closely with daughters and supporting their local communities, all Patronesses hold a Chapter job each year and actively participate as leaders in the operational success of the Chapter. We are a 100% volunteer organization and rely on all members to be a successful Chapter.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
MEMBERSHIP DRIVE INFORMATION
Our annual membership drive runs from November 1st to January 15th. Please complete the membership inquiry form if you would like more information on becoming a member of the Lovejoy Chapter.
Some things to keep in mind about the membership process:
Timeline: Applications for membership are accepted during the annual membership drive from November – January each year for daughters currently in 6th grade at the time of the Membership Drive (rising 7th graders). Openings for daughters currently in grades 7-9 are at the discretion of the board and based on pre-determined class sizes, current grades 11-12 will not accept new members.
Sponsorship: A Prospective Member shall be sponsored by an Active Member and co-sponsored by an Active, Provisional or Sustainer Patroness Member in our Chapter. (We can help connect you with a sponsor and co-sponsor, if needed).
Application: A Prospective Member shall only apply to one Chapter.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- ACEing Autism
- ACO / All Community Outreach
- Allen Food Pantry
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Bed Start
- Best Buddies of Texas
- Disaster Response
- Feed My Starving Children
- Feed the City/Tango Tab
- Friday NITE Friends
- HarborChase of McKinney
- Lovejoy ISD
- Meals on Wheels Collin County
- Minnie’s Food Pantry
- Operation Gratitude
- Project Linus
- Treasured Vessels Foundation
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Tanya Samuels
- President Elect: Jill Schuler
- Secretary: Kim Hoover
- Treasurer: Kristen Jackson
- Parliamentarian: Meridith Constant
- Vice President Communications: Jill LaTorre
- Vice President Membership: Kim Rollins
- Vice President Philanthropy: Susan Elliott
- Vice President Ticktockers: Erin Lester
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Alyssa Boyd
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.