About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Marin Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Tamalpais and Redwood High School Districts. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Marin aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Click to here view our chapter requirements and here to view our membership packet for 2022-2023.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Adopt a Family of Marin
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Best Buddies
- Blue Star Moms
- Bridge the Gap College Prep
- Community Action Marin (Manzanita)
- CVNL (Center for Volunteer and Non-Profit Leadership)
- Disaster Response
- ExtraFood / Share the Bounty
- Gilead House
- Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA)
- Halleck Creek Ranch
- Hooves for Harmony
- Integrated Community Services (ICS)
- Kindness Campaign, The
- Make it Home
- Marin Foster Care
- Marin Villages of Marin
- Operation Gratitude
- Pop Up – The Friends of the Mill Valley Library
- REC Inc.
- Ritter House
- Sausalito Art Festival
- SF Marin Food Bank
- SF Symphony
- Special Olympics
- St. Vincent de Paul Society of Marin County
- The Cedars of Marin
- The Redwoods
- Turtle Island Restoration Network
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Elizabeth Grasso
- President Elect: Manon Baze
- Secretary: Tricia Ghalam
- Treasurer: Lori Kidd
- Parliamentarian: Elizabeth Held
- Vice President Communications: Courtney Leary
- Vice President Membership: Alexandra Bowden
- Vice President Philanthropy: Mandy Willian
- Vice President Ticktockers: Christina Werner
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Beatrice McMillan
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.