About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Memorial Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in Memorial and surrounding areas. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Memorial aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Blessings in a Backpack
- Camp for All
- Disaster Response
- East Spring Branch Food Pantry
- Fuente Food Pantry
- Gi Gi’s Playhouse
- Houston Pets Alive
- Kids’ Meals
- Lemonade Day
- MAM (Memorial Assistance Ministries)
- Museum of Fine Arts, Houston
- Nature Discovery Center
- Operation Gratitude
- Spring Branch Memorial Sports Association- SBMSA
- SpringSpirit Baseball
- The Center
- The Source –
- Trotter Family YMCA
- Weekley Family YMCA
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Gabriella Cotter
- President Elect: Mimi Foerster
- Secretary: Jennifer Yarrow
- Treasurer: Ana Sophia Winnie
- Parliamentarian: Blair Painter
- Vice President Communications: Cathryn Walker
- Vice President Membership: Julie Carrillo
- Vice President Philanthropy: Andrea Ferruzzo
- Vice President Ticktockers: Sheri Harvin
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Kalynn Swinbank
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.