About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Mockingbird Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in private and public schools in North Dallas, Park Cities, Lakewood, Lake Highlands, Preston Hollow and Dallas. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Mockingbird aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Our more than 274 mothers and daughters reside within the private or public school districts in North Dallas, Park Cities, Lakewood, Lake Highlands, Preston Hollow, and Dallas.
We are a nonprofit organization with a mission to foster mother-daughter relationships in a philanthropic organization committed to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Currently, our chapter supports over 20 philanthropies in and around the Dallas area. Some of the community service areas supported by our chapter include: disadvantaged children’s services, educational organizations, food and clothing pantries, healthcare, children and adults with special needs, elderly, environmental preservation and animal organizations.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
MOCKINGBIRD CHAPTER – MEMBERSHIP PROCESS
Some things to keep in mind about the membership process:
- Timeline: Applications for Membership are accepted during the Annual Membership Drive from October through January each year for daughters in grades 6th and 7th -9th (if class is not already full) at the time of the Membership Drive.
- Residence: A Prospective Member shall reside in private or public schools in North Dallas, Park Cities, Lakewood, Lake Highlands, Preston Hollow and Dallas.
- Sponsorship: A Prospective Member shall be sponsored by an Active Member and co-sponsored by an Active, Provisional or Sustainer Patroness Member in our Chapter.
- Application: A Prospective Member shall only apply to one Chapter.
If you know someone in NCL, talk to her about her Chapter’s boundaries, membership obligations and membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, Inc. you are invited to submit the following form.
Please click here to fill out and submit your Membership Inquiry form, or for any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you again for your interest in our NCL, Inc., Mockingbird Chapter. We look forward to meeting you!
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Jonathan’s Place
- NCL National Projects
- The Forum at Park Lane
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities. Philanthropies supported by our Chapter include:
- Attitudes and Attire
- Boys and Girls Club of Greater Dallas
- Cancer Support Community
- Carry the Load – National Initiative
- Carson Leslie Foundation
- Community Partners of Dallas
- Dallas Arboretum
- Dickinson Place
- For the Love of the Lake
- Historical Philanthropy
- Interfaith Housing Coalition
- Jonathan’s Place
- North Texas Food Bank
- Operation Kindness
- Philanthropy Workshop
- Project Transformation
- Promise House
- Salvation Army
- St. Vincent de Paul
- Texas Scottish Rite Hospital
- The Forum
- The Rise School of Dallas
- Trinity River Mission
- Walnut Place
- President: Laura Barnett
- President Elect: Caroline Wall
- Secretary: Carol Arnold
- Treasurer: Caroline Haness
- Parliamentarian: Stacey Williams
- Vice President Communications: Jana Lovejoy
- Vice President Patroness Activities: Kristin Bittner
- Vice President Philanthropy: Renee Hansford
- Vice President Provisionals: Jennifer Spears
- Vice President Ticktockers: Anna Usry
- Sustainer Liaison: Kara Kull
Each year each Ticktocker class has a variety of different focuses. Beginning in 7th grade the Tictockers explore leadership styles and NCL, Inc. core values. In 8th grade they learn to communicate more effectively and lead their grade level meetings. As 9th graders, the girls further develop their listening skills, practice time management tools, and build self-confidence. The 10th grade Ticktockers learn to strengthen conflict resolution skills, prepare for future employment, and engage in public speaking. In 11th grade the Ticktockers establish future goals and identify college opportunities. Lastly, as seniors this class mentors the younger Ticktockers and explores Sustainer opportunities.
Each Ticktocker class has Board Officers and Committee Members.
- Vice President – Philanthropy
- Vice President – Programs / Cultural
- Vice President – Recording Secretary
- Vice President – Corresponding Secretary
- Vice President – Events (9 – 12th Grade Only)
- Programs/Cultural Event
- Events (9th-12th Grade Only)
- Ticktocker Council Representative
Chapter Leadership – Class Event Hosting
- Freshman – Celebration of Service (Recognition Awards)
- Sophomores – Mother/Daughter Tea and Philanthropy Workshop
- Juniors – Sr. Recognition
- Seniors – Ticktocker Retreat
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
The NCL Experience provides Ticktockers the opportunity to participate in grade level appropriate experiences that build understanding and awareness of issues related to culture and diversity. Grade level activities may include:
- Performing & Visual Arts
- Positive Identity
- Life Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Interviewing & Resumes (college & National Panhellenic Council)
- Art of Etiquette
- Social Media Etiquette
- Culture of Cuisine
- Written Thank You’s
- Addressing Formal Invitations
Etiquette and deportment play a pivotal role in our chapter events for our Mother/Daughter Tea & Fashion Show, Senior Recognition, and TT Recognition Awards.