About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., New Canaan Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in New Canaan High School attendance area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, New Canaan aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- ABC House
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- Carriage Barn Arts Center
- Disaster Response
- Domestic Violence Crisis Center
- Flower Again
- Food Rescue
- Giving Tuesday
- Meals on Wheels
- Midnight Run
- New Canaan CARES
- New Canaan Chamber of Commerce
- New Canaan Food Pantry
- New Canaan High School
- New Canaan Historical Society
- New Canaan Human Services
- New Canaan Inn
- New Canaan Library
- New Canaan Nature Center
- Operation Gratitude
- Person to Person
- Sports Buddies
- Town Players of New Canaan
- Turn the Towns Teal
- VFW of New Canaan
- Waveny Care Center
- Waveny Care Meal Service
- Waveny Cares – Thrift Store
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Leah Kittredge
- President Elect: Tamara White
- Treasurer: Jill Tobin
- Parliamentarian: Barbara Calaba
- Vice President Communications: Lesley Cousley
- Vice President Membership: Cassin Chaisson
- Vice President Philanthropy: Sapna Shah
- Vice President Provisionals: Danielle Sieckhaus
- Vice President Ticktockers: Christen Garcia
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Suzanne Messina
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.