About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., North Austin Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in north Austin and the surrounding Austin area. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, North Austin aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
The National Charity League, Inc. North Austin Chapter held its first informational meeting in August 2012 at Hope Presbyterian Church in Northwest Austin.
The demand for the National Charity League, Inc. in Austin was so high that three Expansion Chapters emerged: North Austin, Lake Travis and Treaty Oak. In July of 2013, North Austin opened its doors to Patroness and Ticktocker members for 7th-12th grade.
North Austin officially chartered in April of 2015 and was recognized at the National Charity League, Inc. Annual Meeting in Anaheim, CA. At that time, North Austin became the 5th chapter in Austin and the 188th chapter in the country to charter.
2020-2021 Blue Rose Award Recipient for the NCL Austin Chapter’s service to the community, the national philanthropy program, #GivingTuesday and NCL sustainers.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? Membership opportunities are dependent on chapter openings.
If you know someone in our chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
FALL MEMBERSHIP DRIVE HAPPENING NOW!
Our Annual Membership Drive is for current 6th graders (Class of 2029). We are also opening this year’s drive to 2026 and 2027. Members must reside in North Austin or the surrounding Austin area.
If you are interested in joining our Chapter, you are invited to attend one of our info. meetings. These will be held at the River Place Country Club :
- Oct 20th. 7:00-8:30 (Evite here)
- Nov 9th 7:00-8:30 (Evite here)
- Attendance at one of these meeting is MANDATORY to join our chapter.
Check out our chapter video here and our National Video here
Click HERE for New Member Information Presentation
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Those who will embrace all three pillars of our Mission as well as our Core Values:
- Honoring the mother-daughter bond by together learning, growing and modeling responsibility and graciousness
- Nurturing through mentorship
- Inspiring a legacy of social awareness and compassion
- Providing depth of support in local communities
- Integrity and excellence in everything we do
Contact Tracey Gemperle, VP Membership
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
We understand and serve communities in partnership with local and national nonprofits. Each NCL, Inc. chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to support through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- AGE of Central Texas
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- American Red Cross
- ARC of the Capital Area
- Austin Diaper Bank
- Bake A Wish
- Candlelight Ranch
- Community First! Village
- Disaster Response
- Faith in Action Caregivers Northwest
- Hand To Hold
- HOPE (Healthy Options Program for the Elderly)
- Hope Austin
- Loving Libbie Memorial Foundation
- Meals on Wheels and More
- Mobile Loaves & Fishes
- National Ovarian Cancer Coalition
- Operation Gratitude
- PALS (Pets Assisting the Lives of Seniors)
- Partnerships for Children
- Ronald McDonald House
- Round Rock Area Service Center
- Scottish Rite Theater
- Texas Baptist Children’s Home (TBCH)
- Texas Humane Heroes
- Wonders & Worries
Community First Village
Meals on Wheels
Partnerships For Children
Ronald McDonald House
Faith in Action
Hand to Hold
We build capable, courageous leaders through opportunities to learn, reflect and develop. Our leaders become successful in their education, career and communities by learning the necessary skills during their NCL experience.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
Our Chapter Board of Directors:
- President: Suzy Steele
- President Elect: Rhonda Stokley
- Secretary: Katie Duncan
- Treasurer: Keri Holder
- Parliamentarian: Melissa Luppino
- Vice President Communications: Beth Garcia
- Vice President Membership: Erin Patterson
- Vice President Philanthropy: Supriya Naidu-Ferris
- Vice President Provisionals: Vicki Gorakhpurwalla
- Vice President Ticktockers: Jamie Carpenter
- Sustainer Liaison: Dawn Denton
- Vice President Chapter Engagement and Inclusion: Jennifer Oeltjen
We preserve National Charity League traditions and core values, while appreciating the growth that comes from connecting with different communities and cultures. We continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions that honor the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders.
- Community Connections – We build connections through experiences that impact our communities.
- Etiquette – We encourage and mentor kind, respectful and gracious social conduct.
A note from the Chapter Founder
The idea for the North Austin Chapter started by a simple phone call to Paige Polishook, my dear friend and confidant. Both Paige and I were interested in joining NCL, however, there were only 4 chapters in Austin in 2012 and the interest from other families in the Austin area to join was overwhelming. I asked Paige to partner with me to start a new chapter in Austin. She agreed and from there, I sought out strong leaders and representatives from the Leander and Round Rock ISD to form the North Austin Board of Directors and they were:
Susie Reiter President (2013-2015)
Paige Polishook VP Philanthropy (2013-2014)/
President Elect (2014- 2015)
Sherry Lass VP Membership (2013-2015)
Kerri Ball VP Ticktockers (2013-2015)
Rhona Hsu VP Philanthropy (2014-2016)
Michelle Long VP Patroness Activities (2013-2015)
Stefanie Zoller VP Communications (2013-2015)
Laurie Evans Secretary (2013-2014)
Sandra Grosvenor Secretary (2014-2015)
Kathleen Pasquarette Treasurer (2013-2015)
Carol Osborne Parliamentarian (2013-2015)
Mary Healy Expansion Chapter Advisor (2013-2015)
These women that became our Board of Directors came from many different backgrounds. Some were leaders in the professional community and held roles of Vice Presidents from various companies and others were mothers with strong leadership skills that were the professional volunteers for their children’s school and community. With the various backgrounds, these women came together as a force to execute the NCL Mission of fostering the Mother/Daughter relationship through leadership, philanthropy and cultural experience. It was a privilege to serve with these women and such an empowering experience. I am proud to call these women friends and co-founders of the North Austin Chapter. What a beautiful legacy we leave behind as role models for our daughters and empowering insightful experiences for the future Mothers and Daughters who become active members of the North Austin Chapter.
Susie M. Reiter