About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Orange/Villa Park Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the cities of Orange or Villa Park or reside within the Orange Unified School District attendance area or have daughters attending Orange Unified Schools or any other school in the City of Orange, City of Villa Park, or St. Jeanne de Lestonnac School. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Orange/Villa Park aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Our Orange/Villa Park Chapter currently has nearly 300 mother-daughter members in grades 7 through 12, who perform more than 6,600 hours of hands-on volunteer service for over 20 charities and non-profit organizations in the Orange County community each year. Through this work, NCL, Inc., Orange/Villa Park Chapter develops socially responsible community leaders, who have a positive impact on the communities in which they live.
Our chapter has received the Blue Rose Chapter Award for the 2020-2021 year.
We have completed our annual requirements, participated in #GivingTuesday and the national philanthropy program, along with holding a Sustainer Event.
Join Our Chapter
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
- Alzheimer’s Association
- Beyond Blindness
- Boys Hope Girls Hope
- Casa Teresa
- Caterina’s Club
- Friendly Center
- Friends of the Villa Park Library
- Giving Children Hope
- HERO for Kids Foundation
- Knots of Love
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society
- Operation Valentine District V Event
- Orange County Parks & Beaches
- Orange Public Library and History Center
- Orange Public Library Foundation
- Orange Senior Center
- Ronald McDonald House of Orange County
- Santa Ana Zoo
- Second Harvest
- Susan G. Komen
- The Kindness Campaign
- THINK Together
- Villa Park Community Services Foundation
- Working Wardrobes
- President: Daniella Davis
- President Elect: Christine Samson
- Secretary: Christina Edwards
- Treasurer: Kristen Jansen
- Parliamentarian: Kathryn White
- Vice President Communications: Samara De La O
- Vice President Membership: Christine Morrell
- Vice President Philanthropy: Sumiko Schimmel
- Vice President Provisionals: Rene Thompson
- Vice President Ticktockers: Cynthia Delaney
Through our service, our annual events, and our program’s Six-Year Plan, National Charity League, Inc. Orange/Villa Park Chapter promotes cultural values and traditions that help shape our members and strengthen our commitment to the community.
- Traditions – We celebrate the richness of our history through traditions, such as our Chapter Tea, which honors the past while serving the future.
- Values – We embrace values that make us strong as an organization of mother-daughter leaders who are dedicated to serve the community.
- Community Connections – As mothers and daughters, we build connections through experiences that shape and support our lives.
Some of the cultural experiences in which our Orange/Villa Park Chapter engages include:
- Musical – 7th Grade
- Theatre – 8th Grade
- Symphony – 9th Grade
- Museums/Gardens – 10th Grade
- Art – 11th Grade
- Dance – 12th Grade
Our Chapter Fashion Show is an annual event that raises funds for our approved Chapter philanthropies. It is hosted by our 11th grade class and the daughters are the featured models. All proceeds from the event are distributed based on our philanthropies needs in the community and then decided by the 11th grade daughters, who then personally deliver the checks to the philanthropies. The Fashion Show is one of our most fun-filled and memorable events of the year!
The six year Mother-Daughter experience culminates in a ceremony for the 12th graders called Senior Recognition. Senior Recognition is a formal dinner/dance, celebrating the successful completion of the Senior daughters’ Six-Year Plan which emphasizes social and cultural training; leadership development; and the commitment of many philanthropic hours to the community. Orange/Villa Park Chapter hosts our Senior Recognition each year in the spring; this event has come to signify the daughters’ entrance into the adult world, celebrates her accomplishments and service in National Charity League, Inc.
Fashion Show 2021
SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 7th, 2021
Tickets Available NOW!
You can support the fundraising portion of the Fashion Show in the following ways:
Pledge the Runway & DONATE NOW
No donation is too small; donors giving $50 or more will be listed in the program. Visit the event site to Donate Now: https://LaDolceVita2021.Givesmart.com
Advertise in Our Keepsake Program
Fashion show programs are a time treasured memento for friends and family, long after the event. Advertise your business by purchasing one of our ad spots. Click here to view available options or download the flyer.
Now Accepting Donations!
From $10 gift cards to vacation homes – we need them all in order to make our Chapter event a success. If you have an item to contribute to the live or silent auction, please email Christina Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 714 673-0159.