About Our Chapter
NCL, Inc., Palm Springs Chapter is a group of mothers and daughters who have come together in a commitment to community service, leadership development and cultural experiences.
Members shall reside in the greater Palm Springs and surrounding desert communities. Like all NCL, Inc. Chapters, Palm Springs aims to foster the mother-daughter relationship by serving its communities together.
Join Our Chapter
Interested in joining our chapter? A Prospective Member must be sponsored by a current member of our chapter. Membership opportunities are dependent on Chapter openings.
If you know someone in our Chapter, talk to her about getting started, membership obligations and our membership drive timeline. If you do not know someone in NCL, you are invited to complete this Membership Inquiry Form.
For any questions regarding Membership, requests for transfers or assistance with connecting as a Sustainer, email us.
Mothers and their daughters (grades 7-12) participate in a program that embraces:
Each NCL, Inc. Chapter promotes social awareness by considering the local community’s needs and selecting appropriate non-profit organizations to serve. Each Chapter then supports its philanthropic service partners through different volunteer activities.
We work with the following philanthropies:
- MCAS Camp Pendleton
- American Cancer Society
- American Heart Association
- Angel View
- Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center
- Braille Institute
- Children’s Discovery Museum of the Desert
- Coachella Valley Autism Society
- Desert Regional Medical Center
- Eisenhower Medical Center
- Friends of the Palm Springs Animal Shelter
- Friends of the Palm Springs Library
- Guide Dogs of the Desert
- Habitat for Humanity
- NCL Inc Virtual Events
- Operation Gratitude
- Palm Canyon Theatre
- Palm Springs Animal Shelter
- Palm Springs Historical Society – Cornelia White House/Little House
- Palm Springs Unified School District
- Premier Care
- Shelter from the Storm
- Tour de Palm Springs
- We CAN Food Drive
- Well In The Desert
Nurturing confidence through opportunities to learn and grow, while also building problem-solving skills through a supportive environment of healthy relationships.
Examples of skills developed include:
- Consensus building
- Team building
- Conflict resolution
- Event planning
- Parliamentary procedure
- President: Robin Arvai
- President Elect: Edith Jones-Poland
- Secretary: Laura Davenport
- Treasurer: Jennifer Geyer
- Parliamentarian: Janel Hunt
- Vice President Communications: Freya Gorospe
- Vice President Membership: Jennifer Blackwell
- Vice President Philanthropy: Jilian Rodriguez
- Vice President Provisionals: Rhonda Katrenich
- Vice President Ticktockers: Denise Rodriguez Bowman
As future leaders, we continually strive to build stronger ties with our communities and the individuals within them. It is through this understanding that we grow and develop broader worldviews that will shape and support our lives.
Mothers and daughters of each class attend a cultural experience together with a focus on different areas of art, theatre, dance and music.
Each Chapter celebrates the richness of its history through traditions that honor the past. The Mother Daughter Tea is an NCL, Inc. tradition. Today, NCL chapters around the country continue to embrace their long-standing traditions, as well as, create new ones.